Finer details of renting- what is supplied ?

(8 Posts)
frustratedashell Wed 30-Jan-13 07:27:44

Hi guys, Im now in a situation where Im going to rent a flat, not done it before.
Im wondering what items are generally supplied. Im renting unfurnished.
For example, what white goods ? Do they supply crockery etc ? I have some linen and crockery and small bits of furniture. Im aware I will need to buy bed, sofa etc. Can you advise me please. thanks

LIZS Wed 30-Jan-13 08:15:25

Unfurnished may include some white goods ie. cooker and fridge but little else , it will vary, possibly not even curtain and lightshades. Crockery etc would be very unusual.

annh Wed 30-Jan-13 08:17:54

Unfurnished will not come with crockery, dishes or linen. Even furnished will very often not include any of those things. White goods can vary a bit from flat to flat but generally you will get a cooker, fridge and perhaps a washing machine. Smaller items like kettle, iron, toaster are not usual. Check with the landlord of the flat you are renting for what specifically is included in your rental. Also check about light fittings and curtains.

annh Wed 30-Jan-13 08:18:21

Cross-post! smile

Trills Wed 30-Jan-13 08:25:47

It depends. You should ask.

There should be an inventory of everything in the house and its condition - make sure you read this carefully and have it amended to include anything that later might be considered "damage" - e.g. if the carpet is marked say so, if there is a crack in one of the drawers in the fridge make sure it's written down as being there when you got there.

frustratedashell Wed 30-Jan-13 20:33:40

thanks guys

specialsubject Wed 30-Jan-13 20:46:46

BTW freecycle, ebay and charity shops are your friends, although crockery etc is not expensive for basic stuff.

poppy283 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:50:56

Definitely check with landlord. Our current place has just an oven, and a rubbish one at that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now