Help me find a built in combination microwave for a 50cm wall unit!

(3 Posts)
NotVacant Wed 23-Jan-13 23:54:43

Thanks for your reply. Having done a fair bit of research, there are many combis that can be built in but I'm struggling to find one that fits a 50cm wall cabinet and has sufficiently capacity. Have found a couple but with only 17litre capacity it has less space than my freestanding microwave.

Have now emailed a number of the companies that make microwaves I the hope that they can help. Thanks again.

NanTheWiser Wed 23-Jan-13 14:32:43

Hi, I see no-one has answered your thread, so I'll see if I can help. I can only speak for my Combi m/w, which is a Panasonic Inverter (flatbed, no turntable) model. Most combis seem to be quite a bit larger than standard microwaves - the dimensions of my model are 531mm W x 534mm D x 328mm H (exterior measurements). They are not usually suitable for being built-in, as they can get very hot during use - and instructions for mine say that it is not intended for use inside a cabinet or cupboard. Also it must have sufficient air-flow, 2" at one side, and the other being open, 6" clear at the top and 4" at the rear. I would imagine that most combis would have similar constraints, being at risk of overheating if built in to a cabinet or cupboard.
HTH!

NotVacant Tue 22-Jan-13 21:49:54

I'm having some work done in my kitchen and would like a combination microwave with a capacity of 20 litres or more. Problem is the kitchen layout can only allow for a microwave that will fit into a 50cm wall unit and the handful that I have found have very low capacity. Does anyone know where I can find something to my spec? Have been 'googling' for days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now