Can you tell how long a property has been on the market for?

(14 Posts)
PixieHot Thu 24-Jan-13 07:52:55

Oh, thanks everyone smile. Lots of great advice.

PuddingsAndPies Thu 24-Jan-13 00:56:24

Also, I've found that if you look at the EPC for the property (the full energy document, which is often listed with the details), along with the full address of the property, etc., at the top, it also has a date. People only tend to get them done when they're putting the house on sale, so it should give you a very good idea.

RCheshire Wed 23-Jan-13 16:44:57

Some EAs are wise to Property Bee etc nowadays and periodically delist and relist all their properties. If you want to be sure I suggest checking across Property Bee, Property Snake and Zoopla. At different times I've found one or the other has a picture going back further in time.

PostBellumBugsy Wed 23-Jan-13 16:25:33

try propertysnake.com - that will tell you how long it has been on for & if it has had a price reduction.

RatherNot Wed 23-Jan-13 16:24:12

Zoopla lists the date the property went on the market, as well as the last sold price, on the left hand side of the screen of any property you click on. It saves trawling the web for the info so makes it a much quicker process. Good luck!

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Wed 23-Jan-13 12:32:07

<whispers> we won't tell anyone smile

PixieHot Tue 22-Jan-13 22:33:18

Nooooo, cause I want it grin. Kind of.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Tue 22-Jan-13 22:27:39

Linky to house?

PixieHot Tue 22-Jan-13 20:56:11

Right, I'm off to check. I'm hoping its been on for ages... Or at least long enough for the owners to be keen to negotiate a bit.

nocake Tue 22-Jan-13 20:35:51

You can also use www.home.co.uk which also shows the history of the asking price.

PixieHot Tue 22-Jan-13 20:34:30

Thanks AKiss, I knew I'd read about something like that.

PixieHot Tue 22-Jan-13 20:33:36

<apologises for grammar grin>

Download property bee and use it on Rightmove. You can only use it on Firefox but it will show you the complete history of the listing and any changes in asking prices and descriptions.

PixieHot Tue 22-Jan-13 20:29:39

Is there a website that shows how long a property has been on the market for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now