Low Profile Shower Trays - Bette or Kaldewei or other - help please!

(8 Posts)
holborn1 Fri 25-Jan-13 20:19:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Thanks Fishfingers, think we might have to give her a call. I like the sound of the drain thing as loads of hair comes out when I shower.

Looking forward to this all being over and being able to enjoy my house without having to make decisions every night!!

To be honest one of the reasons we went for it was we ended up with a slightly too narrow space for the tray so had to look off the normal spec to get one that fitted and Bette did one. And a low-profile one.

It is lovely - very solid and so far no problems. {Got a great drainy thing which stops hair going down the waste- gathers it nicely <boak> in the collecty bit so you can take the silvery bit off (technical) empty the hairy gunk <gip> and then nothing is getting blocked up. Anyway - sorry - waffly there. It is clever.}

And as far as I know was relatively OK to fit. Had to take floorboards up, make a kind of frame from marine ply and put in a membrane. It not totally flush but is enough to have a wet-roomy feel. We do have a glass screen too - but generally pleased with it.

If we had had a more sensible set of dimensions we would possibly have gone for something cheaper though...my builder rates the Matki shower trays - but they didn't do our size Seriously a chat with Charlotte at Better well worth it if it is an option.

As for bath - we went for a steel double ended Kaldewei one with tap holes. We went for a bigger than normal - 1800x800 and Dh can fit in together. Is lovely. Did bathstore Euromono sinks with towelrails underneath - lovely. Bathstore loos OK - though think builder found them a pain to fit.

Thanks better. I have spent nights googling and no decision reached (can't even decide between brands!) so was hoping someone could just tell me to buy a particular tray (hopeful)

Hi Fishfingers. I was hoping you would drop by smile. I think you have done a similar thing to us re renovation and felt sure you would have looked into all the options! (While I am at it, would it be completely cheeky to ask what sink and bath you got too? Off topic, I know!). It's funny, dh just said we could take up the floorboards about 5 mins before you posted...

I've got a Bette one and has been set into/onto the floor joists - ie boards removed (I think). I spoke to the lady at Bette who was very helpful (think her name was Charlotte) who talked me through a lot of stuff. Give them a call maybe?

betterwhenthesunshines Tue 22-Jan-13 11:23:48

If you post a link to the ones you are talking about you may get more response.

If it's a technical question, you may do better contacting the manufacterers, or asking your plumber?

Anyone please?

Hello again.

I have read the previous threads about shower trays but seem to be having somewhat of a mental block and wondered if any of you gurus on here could help me please?

We need a shower tray for our walk in shower which is 1700 x 700 or 750. We want as low profile as possible without risk of flooding the bathroom. We like the Bette and Kaldewei ones but are not sure whether they are only for sinking flush to the floor as we want something that sits on top of the floor boards.

Help please (and thank you!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now