new bathroom costs

(9 Posts)
glamourousgranny42 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:48:44

Has anyone had a bathroom fitted recently. I'm getting quotes at the moment. I have a tiny bathroom which is a mess. I need the current fittings ripped out (including shower cubicle) and a new suite fitted (minus shower cubicle) just want a few tiles round the bath. There is a bit of plastering involved where old tiles will be removed. I've had 2 quotes of between 3 and 4 thousand pounds!! That is not including the cost of the suite. Surely this is too stee?

glamourousgranny42 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:49:39

'Steep'

PolterGoose Fri 11-Jan-13 21:03:57

I'm just having mine done, works being done are strip out, prepare and skim walls and ceiling, lay ply and fit slate floor tiles, install bath, basin, toilet, remove radiator and put new one in different position, build boxing in recess and a little bit of studwork to fit bath, tile round bath and basin. We've supplied all materials except plaster, plasterboard, ply, bath and sink wastes and odd bits of plumbing fittings. Estimate is £1600 and we look like we are on target, maybe a couple of hundred over tops.

vez123 Fri 11-Jan-13 21:57:47

Wow that sounds like a lot! We just had ours done and the labour costs (including some of the building materials) were 2300 pounds but we had a wall removed, both basin and bath moved to a new position, tiling from floor to ceiling, ceiling skimmed, doorframe moved and removal and fitting of a new bathroom suite and taps. We supplied the bathroom suite, taps, tiles and towel rad. I would get another quote.

glamourousgranny42 Fri 11-Jan-13 22:06:20

Thanks for the replies. Its a while since I had any work done but it seems my gut instinct was right. Back to the quotes then. I appreciate your help people x

Springforward Sat 12-Jan-13 23:43:05

£2600 to supply and fit smallish bathroom, tiling, shower bath, gravity fed shower, sink and loo, but not flooring. That was a local independent.

Mandy21 Sun 13-Jan-13 08:32:54

We paid £2,000 just for the plumbing work - removal of old suite and installation of new bath (in different place), toilet and sink (in same place) and installation of stand alone shower (completely new).

digerd Sun 13-Jan-13 10:53:33

I had Dolphin round but they were interested in designing "Dream Bathrooms" for at least £10,000. He left in a huff.

fussychica Sun 13-Jan-13 16:44:10

Just had a couple of quotes around £800 to remove old suite, install new shower tray & screen, electric shower, change position of loo & basin and change position of radiator. We are supplying all fittings and DH doing the tiling. DH was going to do it all but as we only have one loo time is of the essence!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now