New fireside chair

(49 Posts)
harbingerofdoom Fri 11-Jan-13 20:13:22

The chair I use at the moment has been fine for several years but is now giving me backache.
Can anyone find a cosy chair,with legs (so not part of a set),no wings but maybe big enough to sit sideways in.
Anything you've spotted in the sales most welcome smile.

Ponders Wed 16-Jan-13 22:31:40

oh dear, was that Ikea? sad

what about Next though?

Ponders Wed 16-Jan-13 22:32:28

oh, X post, sorry smile

harbingerofdoom Wed 16-Jan-13 22:34:40

Never thought of eBay for furniture. How is it 'shipped'?

If you're in London I guess you hire a man with van?

harbingerofdoom Wed 16-Jan-13 22:46:27

RhubarbG Did you really like them?

It's awful when that happens, I collect an increasingly rare fabric and have been outbid in the last few minutes,when I would have paid more.

Rhubarbgarden Thu 17-Jan-13 08:29:07

We're not in London but I'd still do man and van. Or sometimes the seller will arrange delivery.

I did really like them. angry

AndABigBirdInaPearTree Thu 17-Jan-13 16:15:42

esnipe

harbingerofdoom Fri 18-Jan-13 14:58:31

AABBIPearTree when I first saw your post I'd just been looking at snipe in the 'Have you seen this section' and thought nothing of it confused.

Now I'm snowed in and bored I've just googled the word and found out that it is a site that helps you bid (at the end) on eBay.
smile

(big bird name changed to be less Christmassy)

It has saved my bacon a number of times smile it stops bidding wars, makes sure I don't forget etc.

harbingerofdoom Fri 18-Jan-13 16:38:01

I didn't know about it and I'm sure it will help RhubarbG next time she spots some chairs.

Thanks
smile

Rhubarbgarden Fri 18-Jan-13 20:24:44

Esnipe just strikes me as not very sporting. I don't know why. <bonkers>

Ponders Fri 18-Jan-13 20:57:17

I do my own sniping - ie I lurk until the last 10 seconds & then swoop in with my bid. (or else I forget, & miss it completely...)

is that sporting enough for you, Rhubarbgarden? wink

CunningPlan Fri 18-Jan-13 21:02:27

We have got a Burleigh Snuggle seat - sooo comfy.

harbingerofdoom Fri 18-Jan-13 21:48:32

Do you share this chair? Or, do what I want to do, sit there with books,papers and laptop......and I fidget.

CunningPlan Fri 18-Jan-13 21:50:29

Bugger. Should have mentioned that it was from Next. Shareable but I usually hog it

Rhubarbgarden Sat 19-Jan-13 13:10:54

Ponders, yes that is acceptably sporting - and exactly what I do! smile

Ponders Sun 20-Jan-13 14:02:02

I just won something on the snipiest ending ever - nobody had bid at all, & then 3 of us went in in the space of 4 seconds, 5 seconds from the end grin

Luckily my "amount I'm happy with" was just enough to clinch it

Rhubarbgarden Sun 20-Jan-13 21:27:02

I love it when that happens! Well done. I have this evening successfully won some chairs too. It was Best Offer as opposed to auction though - not so exciting.

Ponders Sun 20-Jan-13 21:49:43

Well done you, too smile

harbingerofdoom Mon 21-Jan-13 19:50:04

Well done to both of you smile

Still havn't found one but I'm of to look on more sites.

harbingerofdoom Mon 21-Jan-13 19:50:48

Off

Rhubarbgarden Mon 21-Jan-13 22:23:10

Try bouf.com. Some of their stuff is supercool hipster ridiculousness - thousands of pounds for a coffee table that looks like a pallet, anyone?! But they do also have some very reasonable items; I picked up a delightful side table for dd for £35 for example.

harbingerofdoom Mon 21-Jan-13 22:29:33

Another new one...................Ta I'm not a teenager................thought I said my back was playing up. Just looking at that makes me feel even older............I'd never get up out of them.

Rhubarbgarden Tue 22-Jan-13 11:11:50

Oops sorry I see what you mean - the home page makes it look like it's all bean bags. It isn't. If you do a search for 'chairs' it will come up with loads of different ones.

I promise I wasn't suggesting a bean bag! blush

harbingerofdoom Wed 23-Jan-13 21:20:55

smile no probs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now