DIY high sleepers

(3 Posts)
april1st Sun 30-Dec-12 19:05:58

I want to buy a couple of high sleepers for my dcs. But everyone of them seems to require two people to assemble and look very heavy. I am totally on my own so any suggestions? Do some shops assemble furniture for customers? Or any idea how much it would cost for call handy man to do this kind of jobs?

Lemonsole Mon 31-Dec-12 13:14:19

Rainbow Wood, based in Farnham, will deliver and assemble if you are within range of their two shops. One is in Surrey, and the other Yorkshire. They have a pretty wide radius, and stock a huge range, and we'd recommend them.

How old are your DCs? They may be able to help as often is just a case of holding something steady at a couple of crucial bits IWSWIM. You may even find it possible to tackle solo - just often they will put 2 people to cover their backs. Alternatively you can get a handy man in - my handy man does do this kind of thing for people and many will. Cost would depend on whether they quote for the job or per hour (these things can take hours to put up! Ask around for recommendations - at school/pre-school/nursery - or even your local pub or coffee shop.

Make sure whereever you get it from the delivery is to the room you want - you do not want a hefty great boxed up bed left in your hallway!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now