Bathtub in the bedroom?

(35 Posts)
DazedAndVeryConfused Mon 03-Dec-12 11:26:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nancy66 Wed 05-Dec-12 08:27:47

Think it's a bit naff.

devora shock a toilet? in the kitchen? oh my! my ocd is going crazy at that thought confused

Devora Wed 05-Dec-12 22:12:29

Close that thought down, InLove; repress it just as far as you can grin

Devora Wed 05-Dec-12 22:13:21

Oh, and there were exposed wires sticking out of the shower. And holes in the wall - it was freezing. So I used to 'bathe' out of a washing up bowl on the living room floor.

Happy days...

usualsuspect3 Wed 05-Dec-12 22:13:53

I think its a bit odd really. My brother once lived in a flat that had a bath in the kitchen grin

MrsWoodforTrees Thu 06-Dec-12 18:58:22

Yes I can see it may be a good look , yes it would put me off .

ChristmasIsForPlutocrats Fri 07-Dec-12 14:39:42

We rejected a house in a good location because of this. All the reasons have already been mentioned (condensation, privacy, different temperatures appropriate for bathroom and bedroom) apart from two:

- SMELL ('nough said)
- If the owners had put in something so gimmicky and impractical as this, what other idiotic ideas might they have had in the rest of the house?! It wasn't even worth going to see.

KindleMum Tue 11-Dec-12 18:30:00

We're house-hunting at the moment and one we've seen had a shower randomly in the middle of the main bedroom. Vendor kept telling us how great it was that she'd found this way to get round not having space for an en-suite. We just kept thinking no, no, no. It's been on the market ages and has reduced price twice so I may not be the only one who hated it.

lookoveryourshouldernow Tue 11-Dec-12 22:51:38

..fine if you are the first flush of a relationship - pretty dire - 15 years down the line.... and still in the same house... but that's just my thoughts !!!

lookoveryourshouldernow Tue 11-Dec-12 22:53:21

... oops meant to say "if you are IN the first flush" - well even the second or third flush come to that - but it still a BIG NO NO NO.... don't do it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now