Have you ever bought any furniture from made.com?

(10 Posts)
mosaica Sun 25-Nov-12 21:45:12

Their products are stunning and they are very competitively priced. What's the quality like and are they actually as beautiful as they look online? We live in the North and they only have a showroom in London, we are tempted to travel there just to view their sofas, is it worth it, do you think?

forgottoremember Sun 25-Nov-12 21:56:05

bought chairs from them

total rubbish.

chipped v quickly, fixings came loose. really really disappointed as they looked lovely!

sendo Mon 26-Nov-12 01:29:50

I have only bought the Stroller Desk in Walnut and tis beautiful. Had a few qualms about purchasing furniture online sight unseen (twas my first time - I like to touch & feel first before commiting to a purchase). I wouldn't do so with a sofa though - personally, I would test that out in person.

mosaica Mon 26-Nov-12 10:11:26

Thank you both. Sendo, i agree with not buying a sofa without seeing it, too risky. But we'll only travel to London to their showroom if the reviews are good. So far only one me you is happy, so we'll see if anyone else replies before we make a decision. Were you happy with the quality as well as the looks me your desk?

mosaica Mon 26-Nov-12 10:12:12

Of, not me - silly phone

ProcessYellowC Mon 26-Nov-12 10:24:01

Yep, I bought a sofabed and it was just what wanted, v. cheap at £200 and so far is doing well despite very regular use.

CunningPlan Mon 26-Nov-12 10:26:07

They will send you fabric samples. They looked lovely online, but the fabrics weren't very nice in reality.

kensingtonkat Mon 26-Nov-12 16:16:38

Bought a little slipper chair, the one that appears in all their adverts. It is really badly made. I was so disappointed. I'd have got better at Ikea.

I've since seen a lot of threads on MN slagging them off for both poor workmanship and crap delivery service. Wish I'd done my research.

I've since learnt that a local upholsterer can make you anything for about the same price as Made, and they will take some pride in it too.

mosaica Mon 26-Nov-12 17:14:07

Kensingtoncat- that's excellent feedback, i won't bother with them now! Your suggestion re having am upholsterer make the furniture is brilliant, i always thought it would cost a fortune. Will def look into it. Xxx

OneLittleHopper Mon 26-Nov-12 20:11:16

Just to try to convince you to give Made.com a chance - we have bought a desk, a chair, a bed, two bedside tables and a toy box from them over the last year and love all of it. The quality is excellent, the prices are great, and aside from having to wait quite a long time for it to be made once you order we have had no problems at all with delivery. I would happily fill our entire house with Made.com stuff if DH would let me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now