If you have a white ceiling rose and coving, what colour is your ceiling painted?

(16 Posts)
HecatePropylaea Tue 20-Nov-12 14:17:29

cream. Same colour as the walls.

It's called Pharoah's Gold 6.

It looks really nice (imo)

doors, coving, skirting boards, cornice thingie - all white. walls, ceiling, carpet - cream.

typicalvirgo Tue 20-Nov-12 14:15:59

No No not him not nearly famous enough the welsh arent that good at football are they ?

same era though

LittleMilla Tue 20-Nov-12 14:10:52

This guy

Not sure how loaded you are grin

LittleMilla Tue 20-Nov-12 13:57:19

Go on virgo! Are they famous enough that you could call up Chris Evans' 'top tenuous' game and say you're the poor soul that's repainting their hideously decorated old house? That;s assuming they'd even get interview on R2??!?!?!

Maybe add a link.

Or can we play a guessing game? I am putting off writing my 2013 work plans grin

typicalvirgo Tue 20-Nov-12 13:53:29

Don't say that littlemilla I've still got a couple of rooms to do aaaghh

(fighting the urge to out this guy and his questionable taste )

White. Much the best option.

LittleMilla Tue 20-Nov-12 13:15:40

virgo we are still painting over brown woodwork which plagues our house. Not owned by a footballer, just a batty old dear who seemed to think donkey brown/orange/grey/red were vair trendy colour schemes to adopt hmm. In every fecking room! Having to do three coats of 'one coat only paint' every time we pair picture rails etc!

mollythewitch Tue 20-Nov-12 10:27:30

Well it seems like the collective wisdom of mumsnet is right - I've just had a trawl through some back copies of Period Living and they are all white. Although there was one v pale yellow which also looked nice, albeit in an enormous sunlit room. Virgo, donkey brown sounds horrific! whoever dreamt that up??

typicalvirgo Mon 19-Nov-12 10:24:11

We have bought a new house and having just painted over my interior designed 'donkey brown' ceiling AND coving I want to say it should be a criminal offence to paint ceilings and coving any colour other than white !

footballers may have money but it doesnt buy --them-- style

7to25 Sun 18-Nov-12 21:20:47

I have white and varying pale colours around the house. Probably the one I like the best is called "gazelle" a very soft grey/green.
historically the ceiling and the cornice/Rose would all be painted, picking out the detail in colour.
It is not the law that all ceilings have to be white but lower ceilings invariably look better white.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sun 18-Nov-12 19:53:35

White. It should be law, all ceiling should be white. Castles/stately homes may be the exception, on occasion.

lalalonglegs Sun 18-Nov-12 19:52:14

White. It's the law. Unless you live in a stately home, you won't need contrast.

greyvix Sun 18-Nov-12 17:35:23

Our ceiling, ceiling rose and frieze- all white. It looks nice.

Seagal Sun 18-Nov-12 08:28:28

Ceiling, rose, coving and frieze all white, but IMO looks nice.
Ceiling recently painted from an off white/cream colour. Required 4 coats, so be prepared, you will need 2 coats to cover your apricot colour.

In another room the frieze is silk, not matt, so that's and option for a contrast.

LittleMilla Sun 18-Nov-12 08:00:11

Ours is white.

Boring, but classy I reckon! Have you got a picture rail? We have painted a different (darker colour) below that for contrast

mollythewitch Sun 18-Nov-12 07:18:11

That's it really. Victorian house so the rose and coving are lovely. The ceiling is currently painted deep apricot, which is foul; but does provide a contrast to the plasterwork. Worried that if I paint it white it would all just look a bit samey..very high ceiling so it will be a real pain of a job and I don't want to do it twice if it doesn't look right. What do you have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now