Shiny or matt chrome switches?

(15 Posts)
Karbea Sat 17-Nov-12 11:46:25

I can't decide....

What do think looks better?

BloominMarvellous Sat 17-Nov-12 11:48:08

Matt IMO. They look nice and less polishing is needed. smile

Matte definitely - we had them and they looked great, shiny will show up all the fingerprints so quickly.

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Sat 17-Nov-12 11:59:20

Second matt, we have shiny and they are always covered in finger prints.

WildThong Sat 17-Nov-12 12:01:32

Matt

Shiney look a bit officey imho

Pannacotta Sat 17-Nov-12 12:24:47

Matt. Always.

Matt!

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Sat 17-Nov-12 12:27:24

matt, unless you love the Fingerprint look

PigletJohn Sat 17-Nov-12 12:45:18

white plastic.

HappyGirlNow Sat 17-Nov-12 13:34:52

Matt. Less visible fingerprints.

nocake Sat 17-Nov-12 17:22:39

We have polished chrome and they look fantastic. It's a high end look without being too expensive. They get some fingerprints but not as many as you might think.

Brushed chrome is still nice but doesn't look as classy.

I'm with pigletJohn on this one: white plastic every time.

There are horrible shiny chrome light switches and sockets in our hall, and even more awful matt pewter ones in the reception rooms. The pewter ones look vile generally and the chrome ones are fingerprint nightmares. We are going to replace them with white plastic when we decorate the rooms/hall.

Depends, really, on if you want your light switches to 'stand out'. So the surrounding decor would be a deciding factor for me.

I like my switches to disappear as much as possible so no to shiny, and no to a contrasting colour. Ditto light fittings - there are spotlights throughout our house, most of which are housed in chrome. I'm changing them all to white so they disappear into the white ceilings.

myron Sat 17-Nov-12 23:22:29

I prefer brushed chrome - matched with chrome LED downlights. My electrician fitted white ones which I made him change so the opposite of the previous poster. Horses for courses....

LittleMilla Sun 18-Nov-12 07:58:53

We're old-skool and go for plastic too.

We've got brass sockets etc all over our house and whilst I am sure they were the trendiest statement in the world a few years back, now they look vile.

Personally I'd got for the most timeless option and save my cash for making statements with curtains etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now