We are looking at new floors.

What have you got in your
- living room
- bathroom
- kitchen
- bedrooms?

Do you like it, any recommendations. Thanks

BellaTheGymnast Tue 20-Nov-12 10:11:18

I'd love a wooden floor in the kitchen <parquet perv>.

bonzo77 Tue 20-Nov-12 10:22:47

bella it was bargain stuff from kimpton. Do get samples before you buy. It was laid after the suite because we only tarted up the room and kept the suite as it is fine. You do need a fitter who knows what they are doing as the sub surface must be perfect (level and smooth, we had ours put over nasty old tiles and they skimmed them with latex first) and the joins are quite technique sensitive.

MarshaBrady Wed 21-Nov-12 13:59:29

The samples arrived and they are great. The trickiest thing is we have an E15 table bigfoot. With different chairs to the pic. But it's about 3m quite substantial bit of wood. The floor can't look too bad with this.

Anyway, also remembered that I loved this ultra glossy parquet. I love light so if the floor bounces light then great.

Anyone have a glossy floor? Know where to look?

How about polished concrete?

MarshaBrady Wed 21-Nov-12 16:55:49

Dh would love that and mentions it a lot. But I think it would be too stark for me.

So wood or carpet, but need to avoid wood grain overload!

MarshaBrady Wed 21-Nov-12 16:56:43

So maybe pale plush carpet and wood in kitchen, even dark wooden table in kitchen.

MarshaBrady Wed 21-Nov-12 16:57:04

Even, as in no grain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now