Darkish grey carpet and white woodwork in the hallway

(10 Posts)
ElectricSoftParade Thu 15-Nov-12 19:58:07

I would prefer painted walls but am unsure what colour to choose. The hallway has two biggish windows so does get natural light but I am unsure that if we go a bluey shade it would be too cold looking?

I would appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks ESP smile

Iggly Thu 15-Nov-12 20:45:42

What direction is the light from?

ElectricSoftParade Thu 15-Nov-12 21:13:38

East (I think). Have now had a couple of wines and was thinking "Well, as you come in the front door the windows are on the right..."

I need all the help I can get!

Iggly Fri 16-Nov-12 08:56:57

PMSLgrin

When do you get the sun. Morning or evening?

7to25 Sat 17-Nov-12 16:38:12

Slipper satin?

ElectricSoftParade Sat 17-Nov-12 17:45:45

We get the morning sun and by afternoon the hallway is a bit gloomy.

Will have a look at slipper satin, thank you.

I'd be inclined to tone with the carpet, despite you feeling it can be gloomy in the PM.

How about Welcome (Little Greene) or Welcome light which, although grey, has a warm almost pinkish undertone. Think about mirror/mirrors and lighting to brighten the gloom.

Your furniture, if there is any, will also add an element of warmth or make things appear stark/cold depending on what you have... How are the windows dressed? Would you consider bringing in another, warmer, colour into the furnishing?

Iggly Sun 18-Nov-12 08:38:16

So quite a cool light then. You should work with it as you have grey - so go for blues.

this is useful

Iggly Sun 18-Nov-12 08:38:48

I meant to say it must be east facing.

Iggly Sun 18-Nov-12 08:39:43

I will add - we have a blue/grey in our east facing kitchen and it looks great. It's a dulux trade shade called "heron" - cant get it in retail stores only trade ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now