Power tools

(5 Posts)
nocake Wed 14-Nov-12 20:54:47

I've had a look on the Screwfix website and they don't sell the Site drills any more. The Makita 14volt cordless combi is the closest alternative to the one I use.

ISeeSmallPeople Wed 14-Nov-12 20:06:42

Makita, black & decker, karcher for pressure washers.

Only go cordless if you can lift & hold the thing above your head comfortably for 10 minutes. Otherwise corded & extension lead.

Omg there is one in Beckenham wohoooo, thanks

nocake Wed 14-Nov-12 19:47:37

Do you have a Screwfix near you? They sell a brand of cordless power tools called Site. They're made by Makita and are very good. For normal drilling round the house a 14volt hammer drill should be perfect.

So I have finally moved in yay but now I need to put some shelves etc up and need to buy some power tools but there is so much choice so I thought I would pick all your brains and see what you would recommend.

What I am ideally looking for is I guess either a starter kit or just a decent drill for doing diy jobs about the house - what brand should I go for? I am not looking to spend hundreds of pounds to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now