Ikea Blankett kitchen handles - problem?

(5 Posts)
winklegirl Tue 13-Nov-12 21:16:53

smile

Pudden Mon 12-Nov-12 19:29:12

puts me in mind of the Fawlty Towers episode when Sybil keeps snagging her cardis on the moose's antler !

winklegirl Mon 12-Nov-12 18:44:15

I know the small version (we had one on a cupboard where the handle would have hit another cupboard), but not sure why the longer ones would be a problem when the little ones aren't.

Some of the edges are sharp and my Dad has already given them a file, but I think it is more a problem of the edges/corners hooking onto my clothes. Maybe we can try a bit more filing.

Already have my apron on today smile

ISeeSmallPeople Mon 12-Nov-12 16:20:20

I had a small version of those fitted in my last kitchen ( which I sadly then left).
Never snagged myself on them. Are the edges sharp to touch? Can you give them a quick sand with a fine metal file?

Or wear a housecoat smile

winklegirl Sun 11-Nov-12 21:39:16

We've just had an Ikea kitchen installed, all great so far, but I've got a problem with the blankett handles - my clothes are getting snagged on on the edge of the handles and now have groups of small holes on a few of my tops. I will be getting in touch with Ikea about this, but wondered if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now