Ikea Blankett kitchen handles - problem?

(5 Posts)
winklegirl Sun 11-Nov-12 21:39:16

We've just had an Ikea kitchen installed, all great so far, but I've got a problem with the blankett handles - my clothes are getting snagged on on the edge of the handles and now have groups of small holes on a few of my tops. I will be getting in touch with Ikea about this, but wondered if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks.

ISeeSmallPeople Mon 12-Nov-12 16:20:20

I had a small version of those fitted in my last kitchen ( which I sadly then left).
Never snagged myself on them. Are the edges sharp to touch? Can you give them a quick sand with a fine metal file?

Or wear a housecoat smile

winklegirl Mon 12-Nov-12 18:44:15

I know the small version (we had one on a cupboard where the handle would have hit another cupboard), but not sure why the longer ones would be a problem when the little ones aren't.

Some of the edges are sharp and my Dad has already given them a file, but I think it is more a problem of the edges/corners hooking onto my clothes. Maybe we can try a bit more filing.

Already have my apron on today smile

Pudden Mon 12-Nov-12 19:29:12

puts me in mind of the Fawlty Towers episode when Sybil keeps snagging her cardis on the moose's antler !

winklegirl Tue 13-Nov-12 21:16:53

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now