white wood shutters - Plantation shutters

(13 Posts)
Scorps8 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:20:38

BEWARE OF SHAFTESBURY SHUTTERS!!!

They promise to colour-match your shutters to Farrow & Ball paints. I ordered shutters in their 'POINTED WHITE' scheme, which is supposed to match F&B's Pointing. Not only did the shutters arrive about 3 weeks later than the promised date [11 weeks waiting time in total], the colour was also NOTHING like Pointing. Instead, it's a yellowy ivory and clashes with all my window frames.

aarmacollo Mon 15-Jul-13 11:12:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

sybilwibble Sun 14-Oct-12 00:28:14

We used Shaftesbury shutters after 2 people I knew recommended them. I have recommended them several times since. I love my shutters.

Lane81 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:07:40

s-craft through John Lewis are excellent, reasonably priced and look really good.

SunAtLast Fri 12-Oct-12 19:45:20

We used house of shutters. They were excellent and mid range in terms of cost.

funthief Fri 12-Oct-12 12:09:35

Incidentally we also got quotes from Shutterly Fabulous, House of Shutters and The New England Shutter Company. The only other company I liked (other than The Traditional Shutter Company) was New England Shutter Company - gorgeous shutters, but ASTRONOMICALLY expensive, quote was about 2k more.

funthief Fri 12-Oct-12 12:03:49

We used The Traditional Shutter Company and delighted with the results. They were about mid range price wise. They came out twice to show me samples (as I am a faffer of note) and were very nice about it. Did a really good job. The shutters are lovely. Give loads of privacy but still let in plenty of light. Give a very clean calm look to the rooms. Easy to clean (I just wipe down with a duster).

manchurian Sat 06-Oct-12 13:14:28
suntodayplease Fri 05-Oct-12 14:34:07

We used UK blinds for ours, they are being fitted this afternoon, so can't comment on quality (although I have in packed one box and they look fab) but service to date has been excellent, arrived when expected, no fancy sales pitch etc. I knocked on a neighbours door to get the company name as theirs looked lovely, so I'm sure ours will be fine. In terms of cost, I think it worked out circa £220 per sq m including delivering and installation. HTH

marthamydear Fri 05-Oct-12 14:16:36

Oh thank you for this. I'll have a browse this evening x

Pannacotta Fri 05-Oct-12 11:58:34

New England Shutter co, expensive but really good quality and you can have whatever colour you want.

minipie Fri 05-Oct-12 10:49:09

We used The Traditional Shutter Company and were happy with them

here is a previous thread with some other recommendations too. As I recall from my research, Shaftesburys, Shutterly Fabulous and The New England Shutter Co get good reviews.

marthamydear Thu 04-Oct-12 23:34:08

Hello,

Has anyone used a company (online or otherwise) that they could recommend? I'm looking for a reasonable price and a professional job.

We have a large half bay 3 metres across and 2.10 metre drop.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations. I'm based in London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now