reinforcing floor

(4 Posts)
lizziebach Wed 03-Oct-12 19:00:36

Hi thank you for replies. My builder is going to take a look at it when he comes to do some electrics and work out what the flooring is, which way the joists run etc. I'm just crossing my fingers it turns out to be simple as nothing in our house ever is!

PigletJohn Sun 23-Sep-12 11:27:44

is it a concrete floor or wooden?

if it is chipboard, the feet of the cooker may well crack it or punch through in time (chipboard is a terrible material) but you can put a slab of 18mm WBP ply under the cooker. It will be quite difficult to roll or slide it around if it is on top of chipboard, but quite easy if you have that section cut out and replaced. You will need a competent carpenter or joiner to replace a section neatly.

If floorboards, you need to know which way the joists run

CuddyMum Sat 22-Sep-12 09:20:27

I had a rangemaster type cooker in my last house and it was on laminate tiles without a problem.

lizziebach Fri 21-Sep-12 22:49:54

Do I need to reinforce a floor to put a range in? Not a heavy old aga type just an electric range like the Leisure one or a Rangemaster? Have tried to find out at what point I'd need to reinforce a floor without much luck. Have no idea what type of floor I have as their is laminate down at the moment which is in good condition and I am loath to start pulling it apart unless I have to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now