end of tenancy cleaning in London

(22 Posts)
minimisa Thu 01-Sep-11 14:09:01

We're in Islington and I would really appreciate a recommendation. I think the estate agent will use any excuse to keep our deposit so it needs to be high quality but so far I've been quoted £500 for a medium size 4 bed empty house with no carpets downstairs and that seems a bit steep!

Blueberties Thu 01-Sep-11 14:12:28

I would do it myself and get a professional company in for carpets and curtains.

In my experience professional end/beginning of tenancy cleans are VERY average and I always end up finishing off.

We do it at the beginning of tenancies and have never charged a tenant for a prof clean at the end. None of them did it but the inventory always came up good.

Check your lease.

And if you do go for a professional don't for Pete's sake use Molly Maid. Find a friend who recommends a cleaner and see if you can borrow her for a day, negotiate a rate.

Just to repeat, don't use Molly Maid.

Firawla Thu 01-Sep-11 16:06:42

we were in islington til recently and when we moved we used this one www.springcleanlondon.co.uk it was about 160 for a 3 bed flat, only one floor and no carpets so yours may be more but not up to 500 i wouldn't think. they seemed fine, did a good job we didnt get any money taken off the deposit. if you give the agency the receipt for professional cleaning i dont think they should be able to take any money off for it anyway cos you can prove it was professionally cleaned?

richardsonjames1983 Tue 23-Apr-13 18:04:43

Hello minimisa,

Me and my wife used this cleaners twice and we are verry happy with the results and rates.

Gingerandcocoa Tue 23-Apr-13 18:07:09

If they don't have to be professionals (ie offer a certificate) then I have a really good couple I recommend to everyone. Message me if you want their details.

RenterNomad Wed 24-Apr-13 14:46:47

Oh, God, we have just used a Molly Maid in SE London. I nearly died when I saw the bill, which was twice the amount that the agents wanted to re-do my clean angry (which we already thought extortionate). That's our deposit half trashed ... I hope the agents don't nitpick this as well! shock

AmberJames Thu 18-Jul-13 08:14:20

If you hire good cleaners, they will tell you what the price is in the beginning. Why did you wait for them to finish the job and didn't ask for a quote in advance?

I had to relocate once and the cleaning services I used were very affordable and reliable. They work 24/7 and didn't charge me extra because I wanted them to work during the weekend. Besides I received 50% off from the carpet and upholstery cleaning.

You can check their website, if you want to. http://www.endoftenancycleaninglondon.co.uk/

P.S. If you do not like the job they did, (which I doubt) they will come and reclean for free in 48 hours. ;)

specialsubject Thu 18-Jul-13 10:16:57

the deposit should be protected. That means any disputes over it need to be arbitrated. The landlord needs to prove that the tenants caused damage.

'they' cannot just 'use any excuse'.

Outlander Fri 02-Aug-13 11:23:28

Hi,

I work with at least 30 property companies which pass on all their move in cleaning and move out cleaning jobs to us (End of Tenancy Cleaning) in London and Surrey and I must admit, they are great people to work with

However, there are estate agencies and real estate and property companies, which are really hard on private tenants as they wish to cash the situation and charges hundreds for end of tenancy cleaning

End of tenancy cleaning does not cost too expensive, unless you are living in a 6 bedroom detached town house with carpets, sofa's, curtains throughout the property

If you need advice on end of tenancy cleaning, simply look for Cheap Cleaning Services Ltd and they will be happy to help you in your situation.

Thanks a lot

Outlander

thesaurusgirl Fri 02-Aug-13 13:12:47

I've used Smile Cleaning several times (for some reason they are also called Absolutely Spotless - I think the two companies merged at some point). They are not cheap but really reliable and hardworking and I have never lost my deposit.

Once they forgot to clean my oven and the checkout inventory failed it - they were back within the day to sort it without a word of complaint.

stas123 Wed 07-Aug-13 09:17:06

Hi Everyone I have recently moved out and I had the same problem finding professional cleaners. After I spent 2 hours on the internet my research was productive and I have found CCL Cleaners and their number is 02031376341. They did excellent job and I got charged for 1 bedroom flat with 2 rooms carpets for £140.00( all inclusive). At the end I got my deposit back and didn't have any problems with my landlord. Whish you good luck of finding reliable cleaning company. I think their website was www.cleancompanylondon.co.uk

I like how everyone is so helpful after two years. I mean @minimisa posted this in 2011 and probably has forgotten about this post. And somehow when you are looking for end of tenancy cleaning London, this threat is appearing on the front pages of Google. That's how I got here.. I see a lot of companies offered by different people.

But I have to agree with @AmberJames - www.endoftenancycleaninglondon.co.uk/ is a good move out company. They really have to work on their website, because a brand would look a lot better and more trustworthy. But they are great and the one time I've used them... I think it was two years ago, actually, they did everything as expected.

It's your choice, but I see there are still people returning here looking for advise. This is mine.

MoppUK Mon 28-Oct-13 03:19:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

skeletonpig Tue 10-Jun-14 16:33:37

Don't ever use Simply Cleaning (London) - they did such a bad job and then refused to act out on their website's guarantee to do a re-cleaning. Futhermore, when I called to complain, they hung up on me mid-sentence.

Such a ridiculous company - you'd do well to stay away from them. So angry at myself for paying before the job was complete. Ridiculous cleaners.

Clhl Fri 13-Jun-14 06:42:14

If you use simply cleaning in London for your end of tenancy cleaning, be prepared for a little more white hair, a few hundred dollars less in your pocket, and a really bad mood for the rest of the day! It was awful dealing with them and we will never use them again. Not only did they fail to clean multiple parts of the house properly, causing us to fail the end of tenancy check, they also refused to come back the next week to do it properly. Now we're having to pay for a re-clean of the place. Although they did offer to come down the day after (on a weekend) to do it again, we couldn't confirm that it'd be okay for them to come by then, since we had no keys and our landlord was away and uncontactable. You'd think the cleaning company could be a little more flexible and understanding, especially since we explained it nicely to them! Besides if they had cleaned it properly the first time there wouldn't be any trouble at all. A really disappointing experience.

topcleaning Fri 04-Jul-14 12:44:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

karimtownsend Tue 26-Aug-14 15:21:18

I'm a bit confused seeing that people are talking about saving dollars from an end of tenancy cleaning, as last I checked we were still using the British Pound as our country's currency but I guess that's just what you get when you hire people from India to promote your company. All jokes aside, cleaning companies that are trustworthy are harder and harder to come by these days and I really took a long time sorting through all the junk until I found wink Housegleam which is a cleaning company based in Croydon. I was vacating a two bedroom flat in South Croydon and they quoted me 159 quid for the job with everything in the kitchen included along with carpet cleaning. There were quotes from other companies such as the one noted above called endoftenancycleaninglondon, but you can see by it's name that, this is not a real company, but a website which advertises services on the web. I'd really say that companies should have a strong brand presence everywhere - on the streets, on TV and such. I use Mopp for my regular cleaning and the only reason I didn't go with them for the end of tenancy is because they don't do it, but these people from Housegleam were professional enough and I could recommend. They're fine in terms of price too and told me that they cover other parts of London along with Croydon where they're based if I ever need such a service in the future for another property.

FrancescaWilliams Fri 26-Sep-14 22:41:52

Hello guys,

Has anyone used the services of this cleaning company - endoftenancycleaning-london.org? A friend of mine used them on regular basis and she is satisfied with the job they did. I'm asking if anyone have used them for an end of tenancy cleaning or any other opinions about this company would be helpful.

crismartin Wed 29-Oct-14 12:23:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

thesaurusgirl Wed 29-Oct-14 13:43:20

Was just coming on here to recommend Absolutely Spotless and saw that I did it further upthread over a year ago. At least I'm consistent grin. I've actually used them since, they cleaned up after some building work I had done, again they're not cheap but they are worth it.

Lots of spam posts on this thread hmm. I've used some rotten cleaning companies in the past, some of these names sound familiar...

rubybleu Wed 29-Oct-14 19:37:20

We used Absolutely Spotless in July this year for end of tenancy, can also recommend.

Alib0bs Tue 11-Nov-14 10:14:42

Carpet cleaning - south London/Surrey

Hi - can anyone recommend a carpet cleaning company? We have just moved into a new house and the carpets have life left in them but could definitely do with a deep clean. Also, do you have to move furniture yourself or do the cleaners do it? Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now