Rubber flooring - any experience or thoughts?

(33 Posts)
PinkOlives Thu 23-Jun-11 20:14:19

hi - im thinking of using studded rubber flooring for my new kitchen , i dont like anything else and its the only material i think that will look quite interesting in my kitchen knowing the way i'll have thngs and its warm! there are some very nice vibrant colours but im going to go for white if i can find it!!
any thoughts?
www.therubberflooringcompany.co.uk/shop/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=catshow&ref=00007

if all else fails i'll be looking for other flooring ideas, although bored already grin

Mandy21 Thu 14-Feb-13 13:59:26

We don't have rubber but a vinyl copy of the studded rubber flooring in our bathroom and I'd never have it again. We have it in a black/brown colour way and it is impossible to keep clean. The texture means that dust / fluff / just bits "stick" to it so you can't sweep it, you have to mop it or get down on your hands and knees to scrub it. It is really impractical in my opinion.

bonzo77 Thu 14-Feb-13 14:12:45

I got ours from kimpton flooring (google them). It looks fine but we only have it in bathrooms not kitchens. My brother has it in his kitchen. Cleaning it is fine, it needs to be sealed then it doesn't absorb stains, I used the amitco emulsion from John Lewis. The studs don't seem to cause a problem. It is awkward stuff to lay nicely, you need to use someone who has done it before. You must latex screed the floor first as any imperfections really show up badly as the tiles go edge to edge with no grouting to create room for errors. Also, the thinner stuff seems to be easier to get right than the thicker one. When you order the tiles get the right adhsive from the supplier at the same time. I echo the previous poster that the colours are often a bit dull. When I researched mine thee was a company near Swindon (I think) who had amazing colours (bubble gum pink, grass green etc) but they were more expensive.

Oh, and its completely different from vinyl: much harder wearing.

fussychica England Thu 14-Feb-13 14:51:28

Had red rubber flooring in a bathroom about 30 years ago very cutting edge no problems at all but wouldn't consider white.

baz2010 Thu 07-Mar-13 23:11:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LaVidaEsChula Mon 22-Jul-13 16:36:40

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

bethanyjanick Mon 16-Sep-13 11:40:13

aforwwfora Fri 27-Sep-13 08:57:25

RubberFlooring458 Thu 03-Oct-13 12:57:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now