is "bathstore"; any good?

(13 Posts)
goingbacktowork Wed 19-Jan-11 09:50:28

Hi. We are looking at replacing 2 bathrooms. We don't want stuff that is going to break but not top of the shop either. The plumber has told me there is nothing wrong with the bathstore sanitaryware at all. Is that right? I would have them in the wickes/B&Q area (which the plumber said not to touch). So does anyone know if the bathstore stuff is any good? Many thanks

doireallywant3 Wed 19-Jan-11 10:13:23

we have bathstore stuff in our bathrooms - we bought 3 toilets, 2 sinks and a shower cubicle, shower head, taps etc. really happy with all of it. great range and they almost always have offers so i think it's really good value. def worth a look. ours was all fitted nearly 2 years ago and is still in good working order and looking good. delivery was really quick too.

noddyholder Wed 19-Jan-11 10:14:38

Def better than b and q I have used them a fair bit and I like the designs esp the plainer stuff

lalalonglegs Wed 19-Jan-11 10:19:49

I've got some bathstore stuff - it's fine although I do think prices are a bit toppy unless you get a very good sale discount. Some of their basins and storage are beautiful.

tiokiko Wed 19-Jan-11 12:29:46

We got our bathroom suite from them, very happy, good quality and good pricing in the sale - but they seem like one of those places where there is always a sale on, so I definitely wouldn't buy at full price.

TheSmallPrint Thu 20-Jan-11 12:16:39

My Mum order her bathroom stuff from there in October and had nothing but trouble. Wrong things delievered, items not in stock when they were told they would be, really crap returns service. She ended up having to live with a huge boxed bathroom set in her tiny terraced house all over Christams becasue they would not collect the wrong stuff they had delivered. I'd never use them.

jalopy Thu 20-Jan-11 18:32:34

We bought a shower, toilet and sink from the bathshop. Not particulary impressed with the plumbing accessories.
For example: The handle of the shower door loosens itself despite being regularly tightened. The glass door is not properly aligned within the shower frame so gets stuck when closed. The self closing device on the loo seat no longer works and the overflow plastic device in the sink is broken.

This is all in an ensuite bathroom in the loft which is rarely used.

barbarapym Thu 20-Jan-11 22:29:35

I'm a fan - have used on 5 bath/shower rooms/loos in the last 8 years. Never had any problems with delivery etc. Had a problem with some slow-closing loo seats ( dodgy hinges) but they have since changed the design and they seem better. I think they can be pretty good value if you get stuff in the sales - which seem to be on most of the time.

Milliways Tue 25-Jan-11 18:14:30

We are just in process of having Bathstore stuff fitted.

So far so good. We did have a cracked loo seat, but phoned them & they arranged an immediate replacement. They also did a lot of the planning.

We bought all the furniture/sanitaryware from them, but the taps, heated towel rail, underfloor heating, actual shower & pump etc we bought separately. Much cheaper to not get it all from the same plaee - their mark-up on those things is very high.

crystalglasses Tue 25-Jan-11 18:16:56

We have bathstore fittings in our family bathroom and cloakroom. They look fab and much better quality that B&Q or Homebase.

AuntieMaggie Tue 25-Jan-11 18:21:26

try screwfix - sometimes you can get the same stuff cheaper!

user1475069626 Wed 28-Sep-16 16:09:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

pollyblack Wed 28-Sep-16 16:14:09

I have used them for my last two bathrooms and no issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now