Martin Moore Kitchens

(36 Posts)
makemineaginandtonic Sat 15-Jan-11 20:00:56

Has anyone got a Martin Moore kitchen? I"m trying to get an idea of how much an "average" one might cost! Is it all bespoke? They look soooo nice.

Buda Sun 16-Jan-11 10:23:33

A friend has one. Looks lovely but it was VERY expensive.

If you like that look have a look at Handmade Kitchens Direct in Dorset. They have a website. Do very similar stuff much cheaper and you could get it to look like a Martin Moore. That's what I am hoping to do anyway!

lalalonglegs Sun 16-Jan-11 15:15:50

I'd never heard of him before but just looked at his website out of curiosity: assuming that they are very expensive, I think you could get the look quite easily.

makemineaginandtonic Sun 16-Jan-11 21:20:02

Kitchens Direct look great, thanks for the tip!

Buda Sun 16-Jan-11 22:50:40

You are welcome. Just passing it on. I got the tip from here anyway!

Fipa Wed 19-Jan-11 23:14:42

Have a look at parlor farm and cottonwood too though cotteswood don't do handpainted finish but you could get a decorator to paint it

Think in London there is also a company called unpainted kitchens that does the shaker / plain English look

TheSmallPrint Thu 20-Jan-11 11:54:43

MArtin Moore do lovely kitchens, they are not cheap but also they are no means in that scary category of needing another mortgage - it depnds on the size of your kitchen too! I have worked with them and they are evry professional.

Wasn't there some thing about Kitchens Direct a few years ago about them being really dodgy? Or am I thinking of a different company? confused

Acanthus Thu 20-Jan-11 11:56:25

Martin Moore are very good, yes. They start at about £20k, that's what they say it you ask ( or so my fitters told me).

Wendita Tue 24-Jan-12 12:57:28

I had one fitted from handmadekitchensdirect just recently and I will definately will not reccommend, I was fooled by how nice they looked on the website and a friend using them, both of us had a continuing nightmare with their appalling customer services, warped cupboards, wrong runners, crooked drawers, wrong dishwasher door (to long, their reccommendation was to chop it off)!!! You will never get to speak to the workshop manager or even the managing director, they just don't care. AVOID, I'm thinking or raising a complain to the office of fair trading if they don't get their act together by the end of the week. Avoid yourself a lot of stress and hassle and avoid at all costs!

Wendita Tue 24-Jan-12 12:59:58

Forgot to say that I also looked at Martin Moore and got sent their catalogue, t starting price was £30,000 that's why I went for handmadekitchens, which should be called badlymadekitchensdirect instead.

fresh Tue 24-Jan-12 15:03:52

Have you had a look at Neptune? Not bespoke, and like anything it will depend on the skill of whoever fits it, but they seem pretty solid to me (have had a good nose round local showroom grin)

Wendita Wed 25-Jan-12 20:51:04

Update: handmadekitchens have resolved the issues I had with my kitchen, all sorted now.

runtybunty Thu 26-Jan-12 01:59:05

Unless you've got a tiny kitchen - the start price of 30k with martin moore won't get you much. Trust me, I had a quote recently and it was 55k. I guess it depends what worktops you want etc but that quote certainly didn't include the fancy gaggenau ovens from their showroom! What they don't tell you is that the start price of 30k doesn't include fitting, painting the cupboards or vat, all of which you need to add on!
In fairness, if money isn't the primary factor then they are lovely kitchens but my dh nearly had a heart attack!

DadRobbie Tue 28-Feb-12 15:00:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

herhonesty Tue 28-Feb-12 15:05:00

sisters got one. 60k

Samantha13 Thu 01-Mar-12 17:18:14

Hi everyone,

If your looking for a beautiful handmade kitchen - that does NOT cost as much as Martin Moore etc... try 'Home Counties Bespoke'.

www.handmadepaintedkitchens.co.uk

They have recently hand-crafted my dream kitchen and as they are a family business, they are a pleasure to talk to.

Will recommend this company to everyone!!!!!

ANNIE1111 Thu 08-Mar-12 13:50:44

Hi Wendita
Having the same problem with handmade kitchens. The dishwasher door is far too long - a real design fault. They say they have never had this problem before and have suggested chamfering it or cutting it. I would really like to know what was the final solution to your problem. And does anyone know how to fit the p2 plinths? There are no help sheets and the kitchen fitter is not impressed. I don't know who wrote the testimonials on their website - we're having all sorts of problems.
Thanks

annalouiseh Thu 08-Mar-12 14:04:09

Hi Annie

what do you mean by p2 plinths?

ANNIE1111 Thu 08-Mar-12 16:04:40

If you look at their website, it will explain. It's hard to explain in words - I'll try - they are plinths set behind little legs.

annalouiseh Thu 08-Mar-12 16:07:35

will have a look
how big is the d/washer door?
they should be around 720mm

ANNIE1111 Sat 10-Mar-12 13:43:29

790mm! We are talking to them to see if they can make something like Kit Stone Kitchens make for their dishwasher doors. Looks a far better design. At the moment ours will not fit.

annalouiseh Sat 10-Mar-12 14:04:14

720mm is the standard height for a lay on door or inframe inc the frame where the plinth sits under the kitchen base unit.
My dh is saying, Looking at the site you mentioned where the plinth is proud of the units the d/washer door should still be around the same height so the base of the door turns behind it.
he deals with a few bespoke companies and although the end product can look the same they have there own fitting applications.
what have they said about it? shaving the door is something you shouldn't do as they should replace if needed.

CowboyCookie Sun 11-Mar-12 16:05:42

Don't know much about Martin Moore but sometimes the smaller independent companies are just as good if not better - with excellent service and craftmanship and often cheaper too. I got my bespoke kitchen from a small cabinet making firm called Hart Devine and I can't fault them - www.hartdevine.co.uk

ANNIE1111 Sun 25-Mar-12 22:39:47

Hi Annalouiseh
Been very busy with the build and kitchen so big delay in responding sorry.
The dishwasher door isn't resolved yet - I have a kitchen with the integrated dishwasher on display - lovely... They want to send us a new door which will be cut so that the bottom part becomes the plinth and the top part is fixed to the dishwasher door. The two will be champhered. As it has not arrived yet cannot comment on whether it looks OK or not.

Tranquilidade Sun 25-Mar-12 22:47:03

Second the idea of using a smaller, local company. I have a gorgeous, bespoke kitchen from a local place that was as reasonable a price as we were likely to get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now