Painting Kitchen cupboards in Farrow & Ball paint

(4 Posts)
Mandy21 Thu 09-Dec-10 11:19:06

Have just painted our kitchen in F&B French Grey and it looks lovely. Trouble is my husband knocked it yesterday quite softly and it marked - am worried its not going to last with 3 children.

Used the Estate Eggshell (prepared properly with sanding / primer etc - oak cupboards originally). Other threads say its quite hard wearing. Am I just being picky or is there something I can do to make it more robust?

Thanks
Mandy

northerngirl41 Thu 09-Dec-10 11:57:44

Try putting a matt varnish on top?

And keeping the kids away from it for at least 24 hours to allow it all to dry properly before being banged/jumped on/playdoh stuck on etc.

WoodRose Thu 09-Dec-10 13:09:10

I have used Farrow & Ball paint on walls, woodwork & exterior. Apart from the emulsion, I found it marked, chipped and peeled much more easily than other paints I have used. I agree with Northern Girl. Try a coat of clear acrylic varnish to avoid yellowing. It will give your cupboards a sheen and possibly darken the colour. Alternatively, you could wax them with a clear wax.

Mandy21 Thu 09-Dec-10 13:18:11

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now