Can't find what you're looking for here? Check out the Mumsnet Weekly Deals page for great deals, discounts and exclusive Mumsnet offers. Small businesses can advertise here.

Tesco club card account hacked beware!!

(10 Posts)
elizabethsmum Sat 31-Aug-13 22:34:36

Had not had any notification to my registered email address that any changes had been made trills. Good point! Would you be taking it further? I was just grateful earlier that they would replace the vouchers but it doesn't seem that their site can be very secure??

Trills Sat 31-Aug-13 22:29:24

That's my point - what does one have to do to change the email address, is the original email address informed "your Tesco email address has been changed" etc.

If they only send e-vouchers to the registered email address (or registered postal address), but someone's vouchers have been stolen, then their process around changing the address is insufficiently secure.

elizabethsmum Sat 31-Aug-13 22:27:32

Obviously not as the email address I log in with had not changed but someone had changed the email address linked to my account in my account settings - only noticed because it said if the deals were to be emailed to me this wAs the email address that they had only record - which was blahdeblah@gmail ie not my registered address- so someone must have got into my account and changed the email where deals were to be sent in my account settings.

Must admit I usually log off but say remember my details rather than log off completely- which I have now done! Also was told to change my password immediately.

RandomMess Sat 31-Aug-13 22:24:57

not if you've hacked it and changed the email account...

Trills Sat 31-Aug-13 22:20:48

But if they are emailed, won't they only be sent to the email address that you use to log in with?

I hope that Tesco are investigating what actually happened, and tightening the security on where (post or email) vouchers can be sent.

RandomMess Sat 31-Aug-13 22:18:36

Some of them deals are now emailed to you rather than sent via post.

elizabethsmum Sat 31-Aug-13 22:16:22

Don't know trills confused but have been told that this has been happening more commonly so wondered if it had happened to anyone else?

Trills Sat 31-Aug-13 22:10:50

How can someone else use your vouchers? Whenever I try to order anything it says "Is this your registered Clubcard address? We will only send things to your registered address!"

elizabethsmum Sat 31-Aug-13 22:10:32

*tescos. *mumsnetters

elizabethsmum Sat 31-Aug-13 22:08:53

Hi sorry if this has already been posted.......wasn't sure where best to post anyway today went to spend some of my club card vouchers on restaurant vouchers to find that my account had been hacked and all vouchers had been spent (approx £40) on 4th July apparently. The cheeky so and so's had left me 50p!! angry

Telcos have been very good and are replacing all the vouchers which have been fraudulently spent (in my November statement though- for 'security reasons')

Want to warn all mums testers to check your accounts- as I hardly ever do. My email address had been changed with someone's gmail account- which I stupidly didn't write down before changing (before I realised the fraud- initially thought it was an innocent mix-up)

Did notice that the site seemed to have changed- with all the vouchers you hold listed online when in the your account section- which must make this type of fraud much easier for the fraudsters than before- I think you had to type all the vouchers in before??

Also I would beware of any vouchers being sold on eBay as they may have been obtained in this way??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now