Can't find what you're looking for here? Check out the offers page for great deals, discounts and exclusive Mumsnet offers. Sign-up to our Money Saver newsletter here.

Swindon John Lewis Outlet

(14 Posts)
MrsJamin Tue 26-Mar-13 13:12:06

I'd like to get some new white goods soon, Swindon's 3/4 hour away - is it worth going for a bargain?

MrsJamin Thu 28-Mar-13 06:34:21

Bump!

frankietwospots Thu 28-Mar-13 21:33:34

To be honest, I've never come across that many bargains at the JL Outlet. I think you'd be better off at Comet or Argos and getting cashback through Quidco.

SillyBlueHat Thu 28-Mar-13 21:42:40

45 mins isn't that far, surely it's worth a look? Combine it with a trip somewhere else in Swindon?

MrsJamin Thu 28-Mar-13 21:59:11

Yeah I think it is worth a punt, I just feel sorry for my children being dragged round there in the school holidays!

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Thu 28-Mar-13 22:00:10

For white goods i'd say yes. They are often dented or scratched but there is usually a fair selection. It's not very big though, they don't have loads of stuff. It's mainly 'big' things, white goods, sofas and bedroom furniture which almost always have corners knocked off revealing their mdf hearts

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Thu 28-Mar-13 22:01:27

There's a bouncy castle outside john lewis, and not much else worth seeing. Go to jl, have a bounce, go home, job done

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Thu 28-Mar-13 22:01:50

For white goods i'd say yes. They are often dented or scratched but there is usually a fair selection. It's not very big though, they don't have loads of stuff. It's mainly 'big' things, white goods, sofas and bedroom furniture which almost always have corners knocked off revealing their mdf hearts

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Thu 28-Mar-13 22:02:31

Oops sorry

I meant to say, watch out, delivery might be ££££

TeggieCampbeggBlegg Thu 28-Mar-13 22:05:02

Hit and miss.

But the Steam museum is just next door so do shopping in the morning (loads of shops in the outlet village) lunch, then trains.

MrsJamin Fri 29-Mar-13 08:40:39

Yeah the trains were part of the plan! It wasn't clear from the website how things were delivered, and I emailed them but didn't have any response. Just waiting to exchange on our house and then out comes the credit card!

pompompom Fri 29-Mar-13 08:54:07

Ooh I had no idea this existed, thank you

member Fri 29-Mar-13 09:04:51

As others have said, you might be lucky.

I always get annoyed with how much they are charging for goods that have a limited use because of how damaged they are

MrsJamin Fri 05-Apr-13 14:56:41

Just phoned them and I thought I would pass on info - they have 30% off white goods and 50% off furniture, I gave them my postcode (am only 40 mins drive away) and said it would be £45 for first item then £20ish after that - quite a lot of money really when most furniture you'd buy online is free delivery as you're spending so much money. The electrical items have only 1 yr warranty rather than JL's 2 yr standard one - so I'm not sure it's that much of a bargain - it all depends on the problem with the item I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now