Can't find what you're looking for here? Check out the offers page for great deals, discounts and exclusive Mumsnet offers. Sign-up to our Money Saver newsletter here.

Online Bargain Hunters

(302 Posts)
MooseyMoo Sat 05-Jan-13 13:40:54

A spin off from reastie's fabulous christmas online bargains thread. This one is for sharing bargains for birthday/treats for kids and adults.

TheJanuaryProject Fri 25-Jan-13 12:02:13

I bought an Eve Lom gift set in John Lewis for a present. It was £48. I caNt remember the original price but it was at least £20 quid off. F
I can't see it on the website though.

bossyboop Fri 25-Jan-13 12:29:24

Polly Pocket Flip N Fun Hotel, £24.99 instead of £49.99 at amazon, argos have it too in store only but I couldn't get it at my local store, nor could I get it at home bargains.

Dorothy Perkins, not as much in the sale now but I waited until they were offering up to 70% off plus additional 15% off at checkout, then I did a search and found a 10% off code which worked, £152 of clothes for £40, jumpers and cardigans all round for everyone next christmas, including one for myself now.

I got rolls of 4m wrapping paper from M&S last year for 25p a roll and used a free delivery code but couldn't get any this year but Tesco Direct had 5m rolls for 63p so stocked up on xmas paper and plain foil colours for all year round as well as a few gift sets reduced to £3 and also some cheap xmas ornaments - which make ideal gifts as no one really knows what you've spent. Oh and crackers.

Matalan and George at Asda were great for odds and ends and more clothing and slippers to put away which were all half price or less.

Last year it was pjs all round with Next reducing them from £25 to £10 but this year all I got from Next was some boots for myself from £25 to £8, sunglasses and boxers for DH birthday.

bossyboop Fri 25-Jan-13 13:03:30

Oh just taken delivery of a parcel (how exciting!), last christmas DD5 wanted one of those doll sets where you get a high chair, baby carrier, baby seat etc but I needed one without a pushchair and I found one at Very and K&co but by the time I decided just to get one they went out of stock so I have kept a look out and they got them back in and on sale at £12.50 + £3.99 delivery at Very and £15.50 with free delivery at K&co. It changes from a high chair to baby chair to baby carrier to swing, it has very few pieces and folds up and doesnt take up too much space. Lovely pink colour, quality seems great and easy enough for an adult to clip together. I couldn't see them on the website before but if anyone is interested I would keep an eye out, much better than the £34.99 I was going to pay for Baby Born brand. This one is the Lissi brand and was a bargain at full price but both times i've seen it, it has been on sale.

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Sat 26-Jan-13 12:35:13

Instore at Toysrus we've just found the Zhuzhu hamster battle jet with a hamster included for just two quid. Have bought several for 5 year old boy birthdays. Probably too random for most of you, but just in case!

MooseyMoo Sun 27-Jan-13 19:38:28

LittleMouse Thank you so much for the Play Doh tip. Perfect for a 3rd bday party present my DD is going to soon. Tried to get more than 1 but only 1 left in my local store.

Namechangedembrassedmum Sun 27-Jan-13 20:42:28

Any bookpeople codes around?

serin Sun 27-Jan-13 22:31:57

Clare800

John Greed are a great company. I have ordered lots from them.

I once had to return a childs bracelet that I had ordered in the wrong size and the turn around time from me sending it, to receiving the new one was just 3 days.

MooseyMoo Mon 28-Jan-13 19:49:51

Molton Brown have sent out another survey with a code for a free £18 bath/shower wash. You have to buy one full price item and then you receive the free gift.

Vitalising Vitamin AB+C Bath and Shower or Fresh Bushukan Citrus Wash

Code is MYGIFT
5% CB with Quidco

leesmum Tue 29-Jan-13 17:01:48

Novelty Aprons from Dunelm Mill , reserve and pick up in store only but not bad for 10p each!!! few other bargains on there too

Oreocrumbs Wed 30-Jan-13 08:57:36

Burt Bee's grab bag. £60 of products for £20. It is a lucky dip, but it gets good reviews.

I've ordered one and added a cople of lip balms to take the order to £25 to get free delivery. Otherwise delivery is £3.95.

Oreocrumbs Wed 30-Jan-13 08:59:48

Imaginext castle down to £39.99 on Amazon. Around £60 everywhere else.

Oreocrumbs Wed 30-Jan-13 09:01:54

Elle Magazine (£4) has a £20 Kurt Geiger gift card in.

iloveholidays Wed 30-Jan-13 20:15:19

B&Q had tinsel in store today for 38p and baubles for 75p... Think DP thought I'd gone mad when he to home and saw tinsel wrapped round the banisters (DD1 not me!!) smile

iloveholidays Wed 30-Jan-13 20:16:26

Has anyone seen the Baby Annabell interactive doll on sale anywhere? Down to £38 on amazon and £45 everywhere else... Hoping to get it for DD2s birthday in March.

Thanks

Oreocrumbs Thu 31-Jan-13 08:01:36

Imaginext T rex £26.99 Amazon.

iloveholidays, I linked to a Baby Annabel up there ^ last week, that was £25 from Asda. It is out of stock now, but if you have untill March, you can keep an eye on it.

milk Thu 31-Jan-13 08:30:47

Wondered where all you Christmas folk disappeared to :P

Chockywockydoodah Thu 31-Jan-13 09:24:25

Orla Kiely scarves are back in stock at Uniqlo but the nicer designs appear to have already sold out

Chockywockydoodah Thu 31-Jan-13 09:48:05

Temptation Gifts - 20% off £20 spend plus free P&P over £20. Ends tonight.
They sell loads of famous brands, great for gifts (or oneself)!

Tempted?!

Littlemousewithcloggson Thu 31-Jan-13 12:05:04

Lynx gift sets down to £1.50 and gillette and nivea sets £3-6 in store in Tesco (also 24 bottles of highland spring water for £2 but that should probably go on another thread!)

milk Thu 31-Jan-13 12:09:05

20% all toys at Very.co.uk

bossyboop Thu 31-Jan-13 12:41:41

Just browsed the Next sale again and it looks so much better than it did after christmas, mens christmas jumpers down from £25 to £10, lots of items sold out while I was browsing and my whole basket emptied, the good news was however I saved £40 as a result but got a few bargains I really wanted.

Oreocrumbs Thu 31-Jan-13 21:34:55

Duplo read and build. Down to £6 on Amazon, just got one to go in the present box.

heymammy Thu 31-Jan-13 22:08:12

Spotty Otter have some great wee waterproof bootees, gloves & fleece jackets in their clearance www.spottyotter.co.uk/en/shop/clearance-outlet

iloveholidays Fri 01-Feb-13 04:20:39

Thanks Oreo... I remember seeing that now but was out of stock... Maybe I'll call my local branch...

Struggling to think of anything to get DD2 and thought she'd enjoy this.

Return of the pillow pets, well snuggz to Home Bargains, 19 inch, dog, ladybird, bee, ?bear. £3:99 each, if any MN house doesn't already have enough, ours apparently doesn't according to dd1!

Also bemybear code for 10% off BMBFeb2013, applied before postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now