Can't find what you're looking for here? Check out the Mumsnet Weekly Deals page for great deals, discounts and exclusive Mumsnet offers. Please note this forum is for discussing promotional codes, not for promoting or advertising your own business. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where you can advertise your company or products for 90 days.

Online Bargain Hunters

(302 Posts)
MooseyMoo England Sat 05-Jan-13 13:40:54

A spin off from reastie's fabulous christmas online bargains thread. This one is for sharing bargains for birthday/treats for kids and adults.

MooseyMoo England Sat 05-Jan-13 13:44:12

Just ordered this Little Times Music Maker for DS.

Reduced to £8 (currently £24 on Amazon). Free store collection and 4% CB with Quidco

decktheballs Sat 05-Jan-13 13:48:04

Boots sanctuary set (the one for Christmas) is down to £10 from £40, sold out online but loads in local stores. The gok wan is 75% off as well.
Only these two for now though.
My sisters birthday sorted

MulledwineGless Sat 05-Jan-13 13:53:11

Marking my place - thanks again for the fantastic Christmas bargains and for introducing me to quidco and TC!

newtonupontheheath Sat 05-Jan-13 14:17:08

Morrisons has got loads of 2013 annuals reduced to £1.98- Peppa pig, mr tumble, Jacqueline Wilson were the ones I spotted by the til, but they had more in the books/magazine sections.

Just picked the Peppa pig one up for ds, as a reward for doing so well with his potty training. Had planned on getting him a magazine, but at a guess, it's probably a similar price

iloveholidays Sat 05-Jan-13 14:22:15
iloveholidays Sat 05-Jan-13 14:27:08
MooseyMoo England Sat 05-Jan-13 14:36:51

I spotted a few Trunki with a third off at Sainsburys. A couple are available online but at my local store there was the Gruffalo, ladybird and bee designs.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 05-Jan-13 14:40:59

Is this where we spend all the money we saved on the Christmas threads?! grin

Piemistress Sat 05-Jan-13 14:58:57

Just marking my place, Hi Peeps!

trixymalixy Sat 05-Jan-13 15:05:14

It's DS's birthday at the end of Jan. I'm looking for a skylanders starter pack for the Wii and angry birds star wars at at for a decent price if anyone has seen any offers.

I'm totally kicking myself for not going to pick up the Skykanders I had reserved at £25 so now have it in my head that that's how much it costs and can't bring myself to pay £50!!

Marking place

Marking my place.
I am going to be buying two Christmas presents each month from May onwards.
Only buying for children this year.

Maybe sooner than May though if I see a good bargain here.
I'm tempted by the trunki sets for my DC's birthdays this year, hopefully they'll still be there on payday.

jimswifein1964 Sat 05-Jan-13 17:54:16

Some good bits at dotcomgiftshop

Chockywockydoodah Sat 05-Jan-13 18:03:01

Happy New Year fellow bargainers! And thanks Moosey! thanks

jimswifein1964 Sat 05-Jan-13 18:15:57

Loads of different annuals in Poundland... I got Lego, Top Gear, Horrible Science, and Pokemon.

Pinot Sat 05-Jan-13 19:57:15

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace grin

leesmum Sat 05-Jan-13 22:03:26

Brill Moosey!!! i was hoping someone was start a bargain thread, marking my place...lots of birthdays coming up smile ...by the way, lots of beauty/cosmetics sets for at least half price on Debenhams and free delivery

LaTrucha Sun 06-Jan-13 08:31:08

Zulilly are having a sale. There are some nice things but I can't get used to paying postage smile

jimswifein1964 Sun 06-Jan-13 09:44:49

My debwnhams order came, damAged sad. I can't decide whether to send it back, as there are no replacements available & it will be hit & miss if it arrives anyway. Oh we'll - I've done well in the rest if the sales!

Red House have 3 for £5 sale on.
Some nice stuff still left in joe browns.

Hi! Just marking my place for later smile

Marks place, I miss checking the Christmas thread 40 times a day!

MooseyMoo England Sun 06-Jan-13 14:22:38

John Lewis Preserving Starter Set - reduced to £9. Includes:

6 preserving jars
Thermometer
Square jam muslin
Aluminium funnel
24 patterned covers and labels
24 transparent covers
24 wax discs and rubber bands

In case any of you want to make your own jams or chutneys for christmas presents smile

Carpediem2007 Sun 06-Jan-13 22:37:51

sitting on my hand to stop buying presents months ahead. The Xmas thread was brilliant and I got lots of inspiration and obviously good bargains there so watching this space now.
Got a new phone from O2 today so feeling spoilt (and broke) now :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now