Can't find what you're looking for here? Check out the Mumsnet Weekly Deals page for great deals, discounts and exclusive Mumsnet offers. Small businesses can advertise here.

Best code for a Maxi Micro Scooter?

(33 Posts)

DD is almost 6, too big for a mini micro scooter (which DS has, and it is fab) - but are the Maxi Micros really £96?
She's had the cheaper scooters in the past and they are absolutely no comparison to DS's Mini-micro in terms of stability and build quality..

Chocoholicforever Fri 31-Oct-14 22:33:55

Ooh I used sportgigiant. The maxi micro was £69 including delivery and took 5 days! Amazing! Have used twice!

HalloweenHattie Fri 31-Oct-14 22:28:43

Found this old thread and thought I'd add an update - found a link to a German seller Rollenshop on another thread and decided to buy a maxi micro from them. Price including delivery was less than £75! Scooter arrived within 3 days and courier (DPD) gave great tracking info and offered option to leave in a safe place or with neighbour. smile

feetheart Wed 11-Sep-13 14:57:52

The way I justified it was that they last until DC are at least 12 so for DS that meant 7 years use (it was for his 5th birthday) - works out at about under £14 a year smile
He is now nearly 8 and it still gets used most days so great value in the end.

natalina01 Wed 11-Sep-13 14:52:17

Only found a 10% code for Jojo Maman bebe-MM21. Anyone knows 15%? Thanks

missusmrs Tue 10-Sep-13 10:40:24

How about the micro sprite? 59.95, its a 2 wheeler, and is on the Christmas list here!

Pataloco Mon 09-Sep-13 10:10:58

Me to for maxi scooter as my DD1 who is nearly 8 had been using my DD2 mini micro and said it is a lot better than her cheap folding (but flashing) scooter she uses it a lot especially going to school so I thgt I'd try to get a bargain for Christmas pressie. But £100 RRP is a bit too dear!

chocolateicecream Sun 01-Sep-13 11:30:28

Bumping this old thread because I am on the prowl for a maxi micro scooter.

Jojo maman bebe is the only option for a discount I came across last year, if you can track down a 15% code. I bought one for ds2, but ds1 wanted a different handle so paid full price eek from micro scooters direct. Still think they're worth every penny six months later fwiw.

YoginiAB Tue 02-Apr-13 22:48:59

Bikester don't seem to deliver to UK anymore... or do the Maxi Micro Scooter - anyone any ideas where else to go - surely they can't really be £100!! (Like JL & Amazon). Thanks

englishoak Sat 12-May-12 21:58:31

Hi. I've just tried to access Bikester's website, but it seems they only have a static page with no contact details. I hope that doesn't mean they've folded. I wondered if you knew of a number I could call please? Thanks.

SingingPiglit Tue 14-Jun-11 11:40:47

Thanks to the smartestgiantintown (great name) you have just saved me £22!! was really reluctant to spend £94 on a scooter but £70.99 is still a lot but much more managable. Thank you my son will be most impressed.

Shnange Thu 09-Jun-11 14:36:40

Phew,,,, thank goodness,, got an email saying its been dispatched so im gonna ahve a happy little lady!!! Thanks everyone!! grin

Mindy73 Mon 06-Jun-11 21:23:10

It is the real Micro Maxi. Perhaps Bikester can get round it because they are based in Germany?

manicmamma Mon 06-Jun-11 18:11:44

Got my Dd maxi ......big thanks for posting this fab deal!!!
love a bargain!!!

Shnange Mon 06-Jun-11 17:37:26

MINDY,,, can i ask is it actually a micro maxi scooter as i emailed maxi scooter to see if theyd match the price but they said bikester werent allowed to sell micro maxis within the uk?? im a bit worried now as ive just paid my cash!!! eeeek hmm

Shnange Mon 06-Jun-11 17:31:03

I want to say thanks for this my daughter has been desperate for a maxi for ages and all her friends have them so i know how good they are and was willing to pay full price but bikester have just got them back in stock today so its ordered ready for her birthday in 2 weeks!! And all for £70.99!! Bargain!! smile

MonkeysPunk Sat 21-May-11 00:18:52

TY - that's DS's birthday present sorted now!

katydix Fri 20-May-11 21:55:35

Thanks Mindy73, I've been watching this thread wondering whether to order the blue one from JoJo or the red one off micro-scooters. The 15% off swayed me into ordering from JoJo!
Much appreciated!

Mindy73 Fri 20-May-11 21:13:22

lovelyjubbly333 - I received a 15% off code for a £45 spend at Jojomamanbebe today - KE11. They only do the mini micro in pink or blue tho' so not sure it will be any good to you if your DD particularly wants the red! Gets the price down to £42.50 so worth considering smile

Lastyearsmodel Fri 20-May-11 19:03:32

If you want the mini better off using Jojo Maman Bebe - think there is a 15% off code around.

Also try your local John Lewis - saw them in Nottingham branch for £39! £15 cheaper than online.

Mindy73 Thu 19-May-11 21:20:03

The voucher code is specific to you when you register so it wouldn't be any use to let you have ours. I also tried to phone them a few times and it just rings and rings hmm

lovelyjubbly333 Thu 19-May-11 18:13:58

I've been trying to register for the £10 discount on bikester all day but the confirmation link they've emailed just sends me to an 'error' page. I've tried registering again with another email address and calling them but cant get an answer! Does anyone have the actual voucher code for the £10 discount please? Dd is 'desperate' for a mini micro for her birthday but we're on a tight budget this year. Any help would be much appreciated.

thesmartestgiantintown Thu 05-May-11 13:04:54

mine came tuesday, everything seems fine. says 2-4 days delivery, took few extra days because of the bank holiday.

Mindy73 Wed 04-May-11 19:04:25

Mine arrived today! Has taken over a week to come so I was getting a bit worried.......
It comes from Germany so takes a little longer.
Great price considering they are £93 on the official micro scooters website.

mumtoaandj Wed 04-May-11 13:00:43

ooo-fantastic! i am off to sign up now- you dont happen to have the code do you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now