Helium from asda

(16 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Tue 02-Aug-05 23:59:03

I am sure i can remember seeing disposable helium cannisters in my asdsa. Has anyone bought one? Hwo much were they and how many ballons did they do?

Has anyone done their own balloons for a party? Are the arches easy to do?

Libb Wed 03-Aug-05 00:00:32

I ordered mine online for £30, you get the cannister and 30 balloons included - really easy to use and well worth it for the kids.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 03-Aug-05 00:03:59

Have seen them on ebay for about that price as well. Just checking that they weren't cheaper elsewhere before bidding.

rickman Wed 03-Aug-05 00:04:06

Message withdrawn

serenity Wed 03-Aug-05 00:04:37

I bought the £30 one and then discovered the £20 ASDA one - I was not amused.........

They are really easy to use, I wouldn't know about doing the arches though, too complicated for me

I think that there is about 20 balloons in the pack. TBH we just used our own, I bought it to make table decorations for DD's christening last year so I bought the right colour balloons separately.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 03-Aug-05 00:23:47

We are on a budget, anyone caught inhaling helium will have to pay for what they have taken!

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 03-Aug-05 00:24:21

Serenity

How many balloons does the asda one do? Does it come with balloons.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 03-Aug-05 00:28:20

This is £32.50 for 50 balloons and helium.

Skribble Wed 03-Aug-05 00:35:11

If you insist on inhaling helium do it from balloons and not direct from canister. Can have messy results .

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 03-Aug-05 00:39:17

Thanks for the advice! Any helium inhaling will only take place when party is over and decorations are no longer needed so will be from ballons!

Skribble Wed 03-Aug-05 00:44:30

Ideas for shapes and amount of ballons scroll to bottom of page
Info on amount of gas req and links to safety instructions here
Arch instructions

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 01:11:15

Thanks for this skribble.

Steppy1 Thu 04-Aug-05 06:06:57

...always like to sing "heads shoulders knees and toes" having just taken a huuuuuuuge swig of helium, usually PMLS

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 12:46:53

will bear this in mind for my grand finale

trefusis Thu 04-Aug-05 12:50:45

Message withdrawn

SofiaAmes Fri 05-Aug-05 08:44:55

I have bought one of these from Costco and was very disappointed. Too little helium and poor quality balloons. In addition, you can't just throw out the tank, you have to return it to where you bought it from. Make sure ASDA will take it back as not all stores will.

A better alternative is to do a google search for helium tank rental in your area and make a few calls to compare prices (they vary enormously). You'll have to pick up and drop off the tank yourself, but it's really not a problem. I found one near me (west london) that does a tank for £30 or so that fills 50 balloons and the balloons (good quality ones) are included in the cost. I also bought a large foil balloon and filled that and it lasted a week AND we saved it afterwards and reused it the following year!

We did this for my ds' 3rd and 4th bday's and instead of party bags gave each child 5 balloons (their choice of color) to take home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now