Light-weight parent facing stroller - does it exist???

(52 Posts)
chiccadee Thu 01-Apr-10 21:06:07

I guess this question has been asked before but I can't find the answer.

My 16 month old son loves facing me/DH in his pushchair but he's almost outgrown our travel system (which is, anyway, very big and heavy now). We have a lightweight stroller but it faces forward which isn't much fun for DS. Does anyone know of any lightweight folding parent-facing buggys or strollers?

opalmoon810 Wed 16-Jul-14 20:37:33

I have a Combi Urban Walker - its fab! It goes in reverse as well as forward facing mode. I bought mine in Oz, but I've just done a search online and see that they're now in the UK. DS is now 18 months old and prefers FF so to tbh, I loved having a stroller that could do both with minimal fuss!!!!

LilMissPiggy1 Tue 08-Apr-14 22:49:52

Has anyone got/tried the Njoy Bubble? I too am looking for the same thing but am struggling to find anything that isn't part of a travel system and therefore mighty expensive!! I did come across the Urbo2 which if it was part of a system and had a lower price tag I would be interested and not sure how much difference there is between original Urbo and Urbo2 before I go on a second hand hunt... the Urbo2 reads as though the suspension is much better for slightly bumpier tracks! I am just waiting to hear back from Petite Star to find out where I can view the Bubble in person..... I've looked at Bugaboo Bee but don't like the seat..looks like there is nothing too it and not keen on frame style either :-/

poppingin1 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:26:50

Doh!

Just realised someone had already mentioned it.

poppingin1 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:22:45

Would this meet your needs?

Njoy Bubble

The Njoy Bubble is the worlds only umbrella stroller with a reversible seat. Plus its on sale right now. Not many people seem to know about it.

SpooMoo Sat 13-Jul-13 14:45:25

We're looking for this too - anyone got any further? We just want lightweight stroller, patent facing for my parents to use.

Yes was coming on to suggest the Bubble. Looks good.

lou7771 Mon 22-Apr-13 11:26:57

petite star bubble

Sonilaa Tue 20-Apr-10 19:55:12

I want an unbrella type rearfacing one. for airtravel I need one that folds in one piece.

I have an obaby atlas which would be perfect for me if rearfacing. (cheap enough not to hurt too much when broken in transit)

mclaren or whoever please do something I*m sure there is a market for it!

kellyatbabyguds Tue 06-Apr-10 18:58:14

The Quinny Sennz is only forward facing its very light weight and compact and is due out this summer. The Zapp recline is not in the current brochure I will try to find more information on this and let you know more details as I have only seen a picture up to now.

chiccadee Mon 05-Apr-10 20:05:44

Not sure if I've misread the brochure but I think the Sennz is forward facing only.

IMoveTheStars Mon 05-Apr-10 16:14:55

The Quinny Sennz

nappyaddict Mon 05-Apr-10 13:21:59

Which bit are you linking to in the brochure Jareth

IMoveTheStars Sun 04-Apr-10 22:37:30
chiccadee Sun 04-Apr-10 21:15:59

That's useful to know, thanks - I'll keep a lookout for it.

kellyatbabyguds Sun 04-Apr-10 19:31:24

At the moment they are calling it the Zapp recline and its due out towards the end of the year

nappyaddict Sat 03-Apr-10 17:44:54

Do you know when/what it will be called?

kellyatbabyguds Sat 03-Apr-10 14:20:43

I know its not much use for you now but Quinny are bringing out a new version of the zapp which is rear facing and will recline!

chiccadee Fri 02-Apr-10 23:12:44

I think the Oyster, Infinity and Buzz are heavier than the Streety that we have already but thanks for the suggestions.

Not the lightest but Hauck Infinity, or Babystyle Oyster may be wink

ArthurPewty Fri 02-Apr-10 22:11:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BertieBottsChocolateBeans Fri 02-Apr-10 22:07:59

Ah no I am not sure, sorry - but it looks quite bulky when folded so I am not sure it would be suitable anyway if you want to be able to carry it.

chiccadee Fri 02-Apr-10 21:23:53

GGG - I did try an Ergo and it was great but we already have a Scootababy slumber-roo.co.uk/brand/17/scootababy which we and DS all love and which works fantastically for short journeys.

There are still occasions when a pushchair is useful - especially because we travel quite a bit and then I have bags/suitcases etc to carry too. It's because of the rucksack and sling though that we don't use the pushchair every day, which is why I'm reluctant to fork out for something expensive like a Bee.

IMoveTheStars Fri 02-Apr-10 21:23:30

ahh, ok. sorry - skimmed the thread a bit

not sure a lighter one exists as the structure of the pushchair needs to be much more complicated.

My sister has an iCandy Cherry - always been a bit envious of it (i got a Quinny Buzz and it was a pile of sh*t!)

chiccadee Fri 02-Apr-10 21:14:56

Hi Jareth, thanks, that looks great but is heavier than the Streety we've got already, alas.

Was hoping for around the 6-7kg mark - thought it would be an easy search but now I feel totally daft!

gleegeekgleek Fri 02-Apr-10 21:13:32

Urbo is cool looking but really a lightweight pushchair is anything under 7.5kg.
For the OP's needs 9kg will be too heavy.

Have you looked at an Ergo as a more practical option than your Littlelife carrier?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now