Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Billy Bones

(10 Posts)
bluejeans Thu 08-Oct-09 22:12:21

Is anyone else building Billy Bones for their DCs? AKA the skeleton that comes bit by bit with a magazine. I've bought the first three and he is well made and DD loves him (she's into all things medical at the mo!) but think it's a bit of a rip off (34 installments) just wondered if anyone else buying it.

bluejeans Fri 09-Oct-09 19:48:02

so I'm the only person daft enough to buy this?

I always thought those things look like a rip off. how much will you have spent in total if you buy all 34 issues?

bluejeans Fri 09-Oct-09 20:14:22

um, £165.66! Wonder how much a real skeleton would cost

ouch.
how about this for much much less!

It is a nice thing though to collect things and look forward to the next installment, but I think that's taking the piss a bit grin

bluejeans Fri 09-Oct-09 20:28:41

Looks good. Shame it's not life size - although keep getting freaked out by Billy Bones when I go into DDs room - he is too real

That site looks interesting - have bookmarked, thanks!

Agree with taking the piss - first few were ok but this week's has only a couple of little bits - which of course you can't do without as they hold the damn thing together

TheFoosa Fri 09-Oct-09 20:51:35

yes, i have been nagged into buying billy bones

he is funny though - we have put him in the window for halloween

bluejeans Fri 09-Oct-09 21:32:13

Ah glad not just me! Do you think you'll go for the whole £165 LOL assuming my maths is right!

The latest one is sitting still packaged beside me on the sofa - DD not allowed it till she's raked up al the leaves in the front garden!

moorsider Mon 07-Jan-13 11:48:05

can anyone tell me how many parts this billy bones comes in i am now up to issue 46 at a cost of 275 pounds is there no end to this con. or am i the biggest mug ever

LexiLoganberryBump Fri 11-Jan-13 10:47:41

We collected billy bones for our dd last time it was out, towards the end of the series being complete the maker sends out a letter saying that due to customer feedback they have decided to continue the series and then start sending the muscles to go over the top of the original skeleton, personally I think that the reason they gave for continuing the series was a lie, they get you hooked in and the seem to keep it running forever.

I'm pleased we got the series, remember it's not just a skeleton, lots of info goes along with it, but would stop when the skeleton is complete, if you do do the muscles then it makes access to the internal organs more difficult and to me seemed to defeat the point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now