TRIKIDOO and other adult trikes with child seats

(19 Posts)
samjohnsonn1 Tue 22-Oct-13 11:01:01

Hi there,
I have a Trikidoo for sale, in great condition, based in N1, complete with cover etc.

Emmaroos Mon 13-May-13 15:28:05

I'm looking to buy a trikidoo between now and September to save me having to do the school run (across Putney Bridge) in a car. If anyone has one to sell I'm interested!

bundarama Sat 30-Mar-13 01:33:57

newforstmummy, have you sold your Trikidoo now? If not, I would be interested. Respond and I'll call if that's okay?

Joannaboanna Tue 11-Sep-12 22:29:13

Is anyone selling a Trikidoo got quite excited about them but have just seen company doesn't trade anymore! Thanks

I think there is a long thread on this topic if you search for bakfiets.

newforestmummy Sun 12-Feb-12 21:35:34

We have a Trikidoo and have loved it! I say we as both dh and I use it much to the delight of our boys! We chose the electric assist version which sadly cost quite a bit more but is amazingly easy to use as you don't have to peddle up the hills but just switch on the motor when it's getting a bit laborious and switch it off again when you fancy burning off some calories! When we test drove ours we found it a really easy to ride but my school run has a few sizable hills and I didn't fancy lumbering all the way up them using the power of my legs alone! We looked at the full range of trikes and bikes but thought the Trikidoo won out on price and usablity. We are thinking of selling ours actually as the boys have changed schools and get a mini bus now so I'm not using it much at the moment. If you are interested call Eleanor or David on 07904116929.

willcurtis Tue 22-Feb-11 13:19:27

We've got a secondhand Trikadoo for sale if anyone is interested. Its only 1 and half yrs old, and has always been kept in the garage. Excellent condition.
We're in BRIGHTON / HOVE east sussex.
Price negotiable, but about two thirds the new price??
Call or text 07977 037906
Will & Lynsey
(Feb 2011)

silverfrog Fri 14-Aug-09 10:09:49

ah, i was going to suggest that if you were near Surrey you could try out mine - obv not pratical! but if you do come down this way, then you are welcome to.

I have never ridden one where the wide bit is at the back - there's the trikidoo, and Pashley used to make oone too, iirc. I think FlightAttendant used to have one, and she found it hard to get the hang of (sorry if I am thinking of the wrong person!) and traded in for a bakfiets - might be worth doing a search and then giving a shout out for Flight?

SpawnChorus Fri 14-Aug-09 09:57:01

charis - why?

silverfrog - yes, the trikidoo has a "bobike" baby carrier which is apparently suitable for little babies. It goes behind the handle bars. I know what you mean about the visibility thing...my gut feeling is that I would feel more in control with the wide bit at the back. But I've never tried either option and can't seem to find anywhere that sells them up here in Edinburgh, so I guess I'll be buying blind to a certain extent.

charis Fri 14-Aug-09 09:52:21

I would never cycle down a canal path with a child who had to be strapped in to the bike, let alone three. It sounds riduculously dangerous to me. Gives me nightmares just thinking about it.

silverfrog Fri 14-Aug-09 09:48:26

on thhe visibility fornt, surely a bike where the wide part is right where you can see it (ie just in front of you) rahter than behind like on a trikidoo would be easier?

I have to go through wuite a few narrow gates on my route (not the same as a canal path, i grant you) - one where there is a ditch either side which has been worn away by cyclists not going throught the gate over the years, and I have always manged it ok (and spatial awareness is NOT my strong point grin)

the Kangaroo seat is only suitable for 6 months+ (so they say), but I am not sure how you'd be carrying a baby any smaller ona trikidoo? unless in a cycle baby seat, which you could fix onto the rear frame of the Kangaroo (am clueless about cycle seats, btw, so sorry if this is not practical)

I have to say, depending on the jolt-iness of your route (and assuming you wouldn't be zooming around at 90 miles an hour wink), I'd be tempted to put a baby in a car seat wedged in behind the Kangaroo seats - I reckon you could get it fixed down quite well - there's loads of room in there. If I had another baby (and if I was tempted to get back on a bike while said fictional baby was still small) then that is what I would do, then move one of the older girls (prob dd2) onto a rear seat when the baby went into the Kangaroo baby seat.

SpawnChorus Fri 14-Aug-09 09:32:06

Oh I do like them, but I'm going to be cycling along quite a narrow canal path, and I think I'd be a bit worried about the visibility of the front wheels iykwim. I've discounted the Christiana trikes on the same basis. Also, I'll be carrying two preschoolers + baby, and I think the Kangaroo baby seat is only suitable for older babies (6m+)...do you know if that's right?

silverfrog Fri 14-Aug-09 09:17:27

I have one of these.

Maybe not quite what you are after, but happy to answer questions, if you want.

SpawnChorus Fri 14-Aug-09 09:14:05

[persistent]

SpawnChorus Thu 13-Aug-09 09:40:31

bump

SpawnChorus Wed 12-Aug-09 21:11:01

SpawnChorus Wed 12-Aug-09 20:11:08

Anyone?

SpawnChorus Wed 12-Aug-09 19:31:48

bump

SpawnChorus Wed 12-Aug-09 19:11:20

Has anyone got one?

I have questions...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now