Phil & Teds cocoon alternative for summer??

(8 Posts)
Roo29 Mon 17-Dec-12 14:13:17

Just in case anyone else is wondering if you can use alternatives to the phil and teds cocoon. We previously had a maclaren XLR carrycot for our first baby. I was delighted to find that it fits quite nicely in the Phil and teds.* I haven't had the second baby yet but I reckon it will be perfect. The maclaren carrycot has firmer sides and it is possibly a bit longer.

*I had to remove the plastic insert out of the footend to get it to fit

Pingpong Wed 01-Jul-09 16:33:00

i got mine second hand on ebay.

Pingpong Wed 01-Jul-09 16:32:26

I found the cocoon invaluable although DD didn't fit in it for long! It is so handy to be able to move them from buggy when they are sleeping by just sliding the cocoon out. If it is hot then you don't have to zip up the front bit.

CarGirl Wed 01-Jul-09 16:30:24

If the weather stays like this I'd use some lambskin! I have to agree they don't move anywhere in the back, you could just use the waist and crotch straps.

I actually used an old fashioned baby nest like you would have used 20 years ago in a pram.

melmog Wed 01-Jul-09 16:27:58

I just put a blanket down. Didn't bother with straps as she couldn't move at that point!

Mammina Wed 01-Jul-09 16:04:23

sorry to be thick but does that mean you have to put straps on the newborn?

alarkaspree Wed 01-Jul-09 16:00:40

I had a phil and teds and never had the cocoon, you can certainly do without it especially in the hot weather. They are cute though.

Mammina Wed 01-Jul-09 15:59:03

Looking to buy a second hand Phil & Teds, some of which don't come with the cocoon. I could buy the cocoon separately but wouldn't it be too hot in this weather anyway?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now