Micro Lite or Micro Sprite Scooter: do you have one and do you like it?

(23 Posts)
lljkk Tue 02-Jun-09 13:50:01

DS will be 5yo soon, not sure what to get him but he has asked for a new scooter. He's perhaps a nudge under average height for age.

He can ride an adult-size 2 wheel scooter fine.
We have a terrible record with scooters falling apart soon after I buy them, so I am thinking to buy a quality one this time.

But I know that's not a guarantee, stories of micro-scooters falling apart soon after purchase, too, headsets working loose, etc.

If you have a Micro-Lite or -Sprite, how happy are you with it?

ramonaquimby Tue 02-Jun-09 13:58:08

we have a micro lites for our 4 and 2 year olds, not sure it's big enough for a 5 year old? has a weight limit.

love them, they are fab - they are 6 months old now (xmas presents) use them most days on school run

taczilla Tue 02-Jun-09 14:03:23

Maxi micro pricey but well worth it.My almost 5 yr old has progressed from the mini and I reckon it would be too small for your DS or soon would be. have a look on the website or on here for feedback.

lljkk Tue 02-Jun-09 17:03:02

I can only find a weight limit for the Micro Mini, not a load limit the Micro Lite/Light or the Sprite (see here).
Er, I wasn't looking at the Mini at all (confusing bunch of names!).

taczilla Wed 03-Jun-09 12:43:52

ooh yes sorry I am easily confused.

amazonianwoman Wed 10-Jun-09 00:09:10

Bumping because I was thinking of getting a Micro Lite / Light for DD's 5th birthday next week.

Maximum user weight for the Lite is 100kg, which is fine, just worried if the handlebars will be high enough? So thinking the Sprite might be better?

FluffyDavis Wed 10-Jun-09 04:15:48

Ds1 was 6 yesterday has had the sprite for about 18 months now. It has been used almost daily and he loves it!
The main advantage is that it doesn't rattle and sound like a shopping trolly like many of his friends scooters.
It is still in good working order, but is a bit rusty round the bolts. This is because it is left out in the rain alot as there is no shelter at school.
Dh also rides it sometimes and he is 6ft!
Would highly recommend it.

amazonianwoman Wed 10-Jun-09 13:56:43

Excellent, that was the answer I was wanting to hear because I really don't want to buy a pink scooter - I have a younger DS for hand-me-downs grin

I managed to 'persuade' DD this morning that a silver scooter would be cooler.

So it wasn't too big for your DS at 4.5yrs?

amazonianwoman Wed 10-Jun-09 21:10:26

Ordered the Sprite today, should arrive tomorrow grin

FluffyDavis Thu 11-Jun-09 03:16:49

Excellent, let us know what you think of it.

No it wasn't too big, ds2 is 3.5yo and also tries to have a go now and then. The size isn't an issue as the handlebar goes right down.
He has the mini micro which is very different to steer so stuggles a bit, he would probably be fine with the sprite with a bit of practice.

FluffyDavis Thu 11-Jun-09 03:20:38

With regards to hand me downs, she won't ever grow out of the sprite, so you might need to get another scooter for your ds anyway grin

amazonianwoman Thu 11-Jun-09 13:21:46

Ordered it yesterday afternoon, arrived this morning. Definitely not too big, much better build quality than the one I was going to get with flashing lights.

Looks fab, if she doesn't like it I'll do the school run on it. They're ace, I've been scooting up & down the hall all morning grin

FluffyDavis Fri 12-Jun-09 04:53:59

Great, glad you like it smile

EachPeachPearMum Fri 12-Jun-09 07:26:30

Oh- that site is fabulous!
She has to be a mner!

NeedaNewName Mon 15-Jun-09 19:24:01

Like the look of that trampoline and I'm against trampolines! Does anyone have one?

Also looking at getting the Micro Lite Scooter - has had good reviews, DD1 currently has a cheap scooter that is really rattley, she loveds DD2 mini micro but it is too small for her, she hasn;t yet had a 2 wheel scooter, however she can ride a bike without stablisers - should we get the lite or sprite - whats the main difference?

TIA

amazonianwoman Tue 16-Jun-09 21:03:52

The Lite lasts til 8 years (or just 6 years according to some websites - but I saw a Year 1 girl using one today and it looked fine) The Sprite lasts til adulthood!

I've bought one for DD's birthday this week - will let you know what she thinks of it. I had a go around the house, it's fab.

I think the Lite may be a little lighter?

NeedaNewName Wed 17-Jun-09 10:12:38

Thanks, will probably look at getting the lite - do you know what stores stock them, I know where to get ont he net but I would DD1 to try it out first.

amazonianwoman Wed 17-Jun-09 11:15:31

No sorry, have only seen them online.

amazonianwoman Thu 18-Jun-09 22:56:50

DD used her Sprite today and loves it. I'm glad I got the Sprite rather than the Lite cos it'll last forever.

And I'm planning on raising the handlebar and scooting home from school tomorrow morning after I've dropped her off grin wink

FluffyDavis Sat 20-Jun-09 10:40:04

smile

NeedaNewName Sun 21-Jun-09 22:18:19

oh no - now DH has added the maxi micro into the equation but its very expensive, think we need to find soewhere that sells them to give it a go - am veering towards the sprite now though

stringerbell Mon 22-Jun-09 23:21:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeedaNewName Wed 24-Jun-09 19:28:44

Thanks Stringer - any other opinions for or against the maxi micro, micro lite or micro sprite?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now