Are Beko fridge freezers pants?

(25 Posts)
AllieBongo Wed 08-Apr-09 19:34:46

I've heard that they are not the best, but seem good value for money (well, peggy has one in the Vic doesn't she??)
can anyone help, I need a big fridge freezer, silver or stainless steel no wider than 64cm but as cheap as poss.
Thanks

BunnyAndJoon Wed 08-Apr-09 19:38:31

I haven't had a beco fridge but have had a washing machine. It broke. The bloke who came to look at it said "hmmm, beco" and basically said that they are not worth repairing, and are not made to be repaired.

Fridges might be fine, though I personally would spend more on a better one in a cheaper finish (white).

AllieBongo Wed 08-Apr-09 19:40:32

thanks for your help/ i am thinking perhaps getting a white one, it's just all my other appliances are silver...

TheProfiteroleThief Wed 08-Apr-09 19:41:28

We had one that lasted for years. Not pretty, but cheap and did the job.

AllieBongo Wed 08-Apr-09 19:44:33

thanks prof. i had a scandinova one for the last 9 yrs which was cheap and did the job..
i suppose i just really want this one

TheProfiteroleThief Wed 08-Apr-09 19:47:25

I had a scandinova too - that was rubbish though - bits kept breakign off and it was repaired about 4 times!

thisisyesterday Wed 08-Apr-09 19:58:36

well, my mum has had many fridge freezers in her time (after her ancient but reliable hoover one finally packed up)
she has a beko now and it's lasted longer than all the othyers put together! she loves it

BunnyAndJoon Wed 08-Apr-09 20:15:27

I guess it is the luck of the draw when you buy a beco?

thisisyesterday Wed 08-Apr-09 20:17:09

yep, very possibly. maybe the fridges are better than the washing machines? or maybe my mum has just been lucky lol

Yurtgirl Wed 08-Apr-09 20:17:55

I have a beko fridge, freezer and oven and am happy with all three

A beko fridge is quieter ime than a bosch

I have a turkish friend who raves in a patriotic way about the virtues of Beko products - I was convinced enough to invest in three shortly after

AllieBongo Thu 09-Apr-09 08:38:39

thanks very much. I will have a good old look online. there are so many, it's all a bit baffling

MrsMcCluskey Thu 09-Apr-09 08:40:58

I haad a bige BEko larder fridge it was great and mahoosive.
Had to get rid of it when got new kitchen but brother has my Beko now and it is still going strong. ( 4 yrs old)

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 09-Apr-09 08:58:51

Never had their Fridge freezer. Bought beko washing machine nearly 6 years ago (for the arrival of dd to help me out) and it is still going strong. Never had a problem with it.

MegBusset Thu 09-Apr-09 09:04:33

I had a Beko fridge freezer in my old flat, never had any problems with it.

fishie Thu 09-Apr-09 09:08:02

how long is a ff's normal lifespan? my indesit is about 8 years old and some of the plastic inside is cracked, otherwise is fine.

i inherited a beko oven when i moved in, it was crap but that was mainly because the whole oven came out when you opened the door, it cooked stuff ok.

Gorionine Thu 09-Apr-09 09:10:06

I do not have a Beko fridge freezer but I ave a Beko fridge and a Beko freezer and would not recommend any of them. I have to defrost the FRIDGE once a month and the freezzer is usually looking like it has snowed in it after about a week!

That said, I have lived in this rented house for the last 5 years and those 2 items were already there when we moved in so might be quit old although they do not look it from the outside.

Yeni Thu 09-Apr-09 10:28:57

I've had a Beko fridge with an ice box for about 14 years with no problems.

mimicakey Fri 10-Apr-09 11:23:26

We have a family friend who has been running a kitchen company for 20 odd years and he reckons Beko are superb value for money. We have a Beko dishwasher and it's fine (I can't get over excited about dish washing but stuff comes out clean, what more could I want?!)

schneebly Fri 10-Apr-09 11:26:17

we have a massive beko fridge freezer we paid only £30 second hand on ebay. Have had it for almost 2 years and not a hitch - dont know how old it was when we got it but it looked pretty new.

drlove8 Fri 10-Apr-09 11:36:22

i have one and its brilliant....the only thing the drawers in the frezzer are a wee bit delicate .....but it never ever frezzes up and is easy to clean. the water cooler on the fron is fab too! get one grin

SpaceTrain Fri 10-Apr-09 12:04:36

What's your busget AllieBongo?

Have you considered looking into buying a graded appliance? They normally just have cosmetic damage (often down the side so you can't see), but you can get them so, so much cheaper. You don't get the full warranty, but you can buy different waranties or coveron your household insurance.

Frizbe Fri 10-Apr-09 12:09:51

I have a beko freezer tis fine.

lizziemun Fri 10-Apr-09 13:02:20

I have had a beko Freezer for the last 15 yrs and it's still going.

toolly Fri 10-Apr-09 13:59:14

we had a beko dishwasher actually we had two. The first broke after 4 months so we got a replacement, the second kaputted after 3 so we threw in the towel. I couldn't complain about my dishes when they did work though, lovely clean and sparkling grin

lsiennaco Tue 04-Oct-16 23:25:22

I purchased a Beko freezer 3 years ago. Just packed up now. I would certainly expect a longer lifespan from a £370.00 freezer. Will never touch another Beko product again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now