Abc Everest buggy with toddler seat

(32 Posts)
mersmam Tue 06-Jan-09 16:44:36

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these in the UK and how much they cost?
Has anyone had any experiences with one that they can share?!
I need a buggy to accomodate a newborn and a 2 year old (we walk a lot including the school run every day with their two older siblings, and the 2 yo will definitely need some kind of buggy). I was considering a Jane twin 2, but the Abc buggy looks even better. Any help would be most appreciated!

lou031205 Tue 06-Jan-09 17:07:14

I emailed the company last week and got the following reply. Hope it helps:

Dear lou031205,

We have significantly reduced our prices since we now sell direct to UK customers.
The prices offered below are discounted by £200+ compared to earlier standard (website) prior prices.

1) Freight & Duty is free to the UK
2) Important note: If you are charged UK duty/vat - we will refund you for this charge.
3) We guarantee our product, and will refund you (Total cost) if dissatisfied.

£399 - Everest Twin Buggy (includes safety bar & Bac-pak parcel tray)
Accessories included in package deal;
1) Twin Leg warmer & snug window
2) Twin Raincover
3) Twin Sun shade/mesh
FREE Freight, duty & delivery to UK/Europe

And/~
1) £99 - Reclining Toddler seat (Incl's: Canopy with "quick-fit" adaptor bar)
Optional Accessories priced seperately;
£19 - Raincover,
£ 9 - Sunshade/mesh
£19 - Baby mattress
£29 - Infant sleepy bag

or/~
2) £99 - Original Static toddler seat
Optional weather Accessory priced seperately;
£59 - original static T/S canopy & raincover
Note: T/S canopy/raincover for the static T/S is optional accessory.

Optional baby~comfort Accessories priced seperately;
£19 - each Baby mattress
£29 - each Infant sleepy bag
or/- £69 for package deal (inc's 2 x Baby mattress + 2 x Sleepy bags)
or/- £99 for package deal (inc's 3 x Baby mattress + 3 x Sleepy bags)

Full colour range is;
Camouflage, Red, Navy, Purple, Black, Sand and Mediterranean Blue.

Delivery: There is (generally) a 7 day production time prior to despatch upon receipt of your order/payment.
Transit and delivery time to UK ex:NZ is approx 10-14 days.

Please refer to the attached ordering advice and payment options.
Please note: you can pay at the bank if you don't possess a CC ~ or use a family members/friends CC.

We guarantee our product, and will refund you (Total cost) if dissatisfied.

I look forward to hearing from you lou031205

Kindest regards & All the very best for 2009!!!!,

Phil Green
Manager
abcbuggy@xtra.co.nz

mersmam Tue 06-Jan-09 17:24:05

Wow thank you Lou - I could not have hoped for such a comprehensive reply! I am after the single buggy so I'll have to email them - hopefully that should be a bit less.
Are you going to get one?

lou031205 Tue 06-Jan-09 19:22:59

Seriously considering it. DC3 is due mid April, when DD1 will be 3.4, DD2 20mo. However, DD1 has developmental delays, no sense of danger, runs off if not restrained, compulsive, etc.

We already have a Phil & Teds (made by the same people) tandem buggy, but that third seat would be so useful. We are thinking of getting the side by side double with toddler seat on top.

pootlebug Wed 14-Jan-09 22:59:04

Mersmam, did you get a response on the price of a single with toddler seat? It quotes £499 including nearly all accessories on the website - is this wrong?

Seriously considering this one for when number 2 is due later in the year. I saw a girl pushing one in Sainsburys and raced after her to find out what this fabulous-looking buggy was...

stringerbell Sun 15-Mar-09 15:58:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HJMcB Tue 09-Jun-09 08:47:11

Just requested a price from ABC in NZ. They no longer ship direct to the UK. They now use an australian company called gobubbago.

Unfortunately this means there is no longer a £200 discount and the delivery is about £125 so the cost for a the twin buggy and toddler seat with a couple of accessories has now doubled compared to the price below to £941 instead of £465.

Absolutely gutted as I've been looking for months and had found the ideal solution but back to square one as this is just not financially viable for me.

Balamorybaby Tue 09-Jun-09 09:55:48

shock how anoying.

I bought one from NZ in April, a twin with reclining toddler seat.

They do come up s/h on ebay now and again so you should still be able to get hold of one and you could always order new covers for it if you wanted.

There are a couple on there atm actually and you could set up a search to let you know when a new one is listed. Alternatively post on the want it now board.

I hope you can find one as I'd highly recommend it, it's been a lifesaver for me getting out with twins and a 2yr old.

NationalFlight Tue 09-Jun-09 11:36:53

There is a mum at school with one, she has triplets.

It looks great! I hope you find one.

The TAMBA message boards often have one listed. I'll have a look if anyone wants me to? I'm a member for another month

nobodysfool Tue 09-Jun-09 20:15:13

I am using on of these at the moment.Most uk car seats are compatible (i have Britax).My 4 year old is still comfy on the 'bench seat' and he loves riding on the step board (like a buggy board but built into the buggy so you dont have to walk with your bum out IYKWIM).
Totally fantastic and throughly sturdy and reliable.

mumo75 Tue 09-Jun-09 22:52:05

ive got a single ABC with recling toddler seat that i might sell

if you are interested CAT me please

J x

FlappyCake Wed 10-Jun-09 11:35:19

Hi Mumo, where are you roughly? Is it postable? smile

mumo75 Wed 10-Jun-09 19:19:18

hi FlappyCake,

im in BRISTOL where are you??

J x

FlappyCake Thu 11-Jun-09 07:44:12

oh, thankyou but I think it is too far - we are the other end of south!!! grin

mumo75 Thu 11-Jun-09 19:14:26

i could find a box & post too

NationalFlight Thu 11-Jun-09 20:45:16

Hmm smile

I'm tempted...how much would you be looking to ask for it? I'll be honest and say it is probably going to be beyond my price range at the moment, but would be interested to know all the same if you do have a price in mind. I can't even figure out how much a new single is from the website!

mumo75 Thu 11-Jun-09 21:07:33

Hi, would like £300 + you can arrange courier,
its black and in ex con & will come with reclining toddler seat in black too

+ ive got the main buggy covers in green camo

J x

NationalFlight Thu 11-Jun-09 21:13:03

Oh it sounds beautiful but I really can't afford it sad

Hope someone else can though, thankyou all the same xx

rustydog Mon 22-Jun-09 17:23:23

Hi mumo75, I am interested in buying one of these prams is yours still available?

mumo75 Mon 22-Jun-09 19:59:49

yes hunny it is still available
can you CAT me??
or email me??

Jx

rustydog Sun 28-Jun-09 18:44:34

Hi mumo75, I'm new to mumsnet, please can you email me at sara.porter@live.co.uk. I'm still interested. Many thanks

mumo75 Sun 28-Jun-09 19:00:14

rustydog--have emailed you xx

If anyone ever is selling their reclining toddler seat then please let me know grin

dawnslater Tue 07-Jul-09 22:01:09

Hello all new to all this we have 18 month Darcey and twins due sept if anyone is thinking of selling the abc twin with top seat please let us know thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now