instructions needed please - Brio bedside cot!

(15 Posts)
ayshigirl Wed 06-Aug-08 19:17:21

Hi all

I've been lucky to inherit a Brio bedside cot which i need to assemble a.s.a.p. (am over 36 weeks now!).

Unfortunately my friend who has passed on the cot hasn't got the instructions and has moved away now. There seem to be an odd number of screws and bolts - to be honest I have no idea where they go. So if any kind person out there has this cot and can email me or post me instructions I would be so very grateful!!

netgirl Wed 13-Aug-08 18:03:31

Hi
I've only just seen your message today & joined Mumsnet so I could answer you! I've got a copy of the instructions I can put in the post to you if it helps
Cheers
Helen

charleypops Mon 22-Sep-08 11:37:00

Hi! Don't suppose either of you would be willing to send me a copy of the instruction would you? I'd be very very grateful!

smile

charleypops Mon 22-Sep-08 21:00:13

?

singingtree Mon 22-Sep-08 21:01:18

I don't have instructions so can't help, but I borrowed one of those and loved it. Lucky you

tissy Mon 22-Sep-08 21:05:29

email Brio via their website, they respond quite quickly.

I had a cot that I gave to my sister, and couldn't find the instructions after six years. They sent me a new set. just make sure you tell them how old the cot is, as the instructions they sent me were for a slightly different model.

Ours was just a cot, but there is a later model that converts into a toddler bed.

Essentially you attach the back to the base, then the two ends, then slide in the front.

charleypops Mon 22-Sep-08 21:58:44

Hi, I did email the Brio UK website and got a reply back saying they only deal in toys - which I found a bit odd seeing as they had a few cots for sale on their website - this is what they said;

"Thank you for your email. BRIO UK have only ever dealt with Toys and therefore have no information for the old cots. However my contact in Sweden advises this item was discontinued several years ago and they no longer have spare parts. They suggest trying your local hardware store.

I am sorry we cannot help on this occasion."

I didn't actually ask about spare parts. (although I think I may need a couple of screws if I remember correctly) I'll email them back I guess. Thanks for the tips Tissy, but I really don't know where to start, all the screws and things are all different and look so complicated!

charleypops Tue 23-Sep-08 14:26:49

bump

charleypops Tue 23-Sep-08 20:19:17

anyone??

charleypops Wed 24-Sep-08 10:15:40

hello??????

treehugga Tue 09-Dec-08 09:22:20

Am in the same fix - have a Brio cot (hand-me-down) with no instructions! If anyone can put a summary of what to do on this thread would be great...

liselle Thu 21-Jan-10 09:22:43

Hi - I also need instructions for assembling a brio bedside cot. can anyone help?

Liselle

lisellelterret@hotmail.com

sammysparkle Sun 26-Sep-10 21:14:53

I have the same problem! Would be really grateful for instructions: samhardy67@btinternet.com
Thanks

Aquamarine80 Fri 28-Jan-11 21:25:37

Same problem! Recently bought a brio bedside cot on eBay which said everything was there but when we got it home it only had four bolts which seem to be for attaching the rails to the side panels. We think we are missing about 6 bolts (the ones for attaching the base to the end panels etc) but as we have nothing to go on we don't know what size to buy (and the 'local' DIY store is about 50 miles away). Does anyone have one of these cots that they could check the instructions for bolt size or measure one of the bolts please? cath.a.baker@hotmail.co.uk
Thank you

Aquamarine80 Sat 26-Feb-11 11:20:41

I didn't manage get hold of any instructions for the brio cot but did manage to get the right bolts (fortunately we had a few to measure for comparison [the ones for attaching the fixed side to the ends] so we worked out that the rest required M6 roofing bolts, 40mm length. These are slightly shorter than the ones needed for attaching the fixed side to the ends).

I've been contacted by other mums trying to find instructions so I've included below our own DIY instructions! I hope these may be of use to anyone who comes on here looking for help:

Instructions for putting up the Brio Bedside Cot
• The fixed cot side needs to be attached to the base first using bolts.
• Attach each of the ends next:
o Put bolts through the holes of the fixed side and place the ‘nuts’ (cylindrical shaped caps for the bolts [not typical nuts – they do not have a hole right through them] onto those bolts – nuts should be on the outside]).
o The ends are then attached by placing these ‘nuts’ into the outer slot of each cot end (only loosely tighten at this stage to hold in place while adjusting the base to your required height).
o Adjust base and place bolts through the base into the holes in the cot ends and fix using ‘traditional’ nuts.
• The moveable side has small rotating runners. This side is attached by sliding these runners into the groove from the bottom of the cot, gently pushing it over the stopper of the base.
• Tighten all screws. If the cots wheels are not in place, attach them now and the cot is complete.
• The moveable side should now slide down to the floor when the central stopper bar is pressed in, or will slide up and over the cot and will sit inside the fixed side when the small plastic lever is pressed in to enable the side to move passed this.
• For the moveable side to sit properly on the base when moved ‘up and over’ the mattress may need to be moved forward very slightly (a cm or two).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now