Does anyone know where i can find old style Jellycat toys?

(39 Posts)
Maudy Wed 26-Sep-07 14:31:24

My son lost his Jellycat rabbit when we were in a car accident this weekend. We had a horible time in the rain at the side of the M4 after spinning accross the carriageway, hitting the central reservation barrier and coming to a stop in the middle lane. The whole experiece was incredibly scary but the thing that is upsetting my 5yr old most of all is the loss of 'Rabby'.

I have tried contacting all the different people whose cars we sat in - Police, recovery truck, taxi etc but either they are not around or dont have it. Anyway, if i don't find it i would really like to see if i can find another one like it but Jellycat don't do the same ones anymore and i wondered if anyone knew where i could get one?

Dior Wed 26-Sep-07 14:33:46

Message withdrawn

MrsBoo Wed 26-Sep-07 14:34:29

That sounds terrible - hope you are all OK.
We had a small problem with a Jellycat teddy when my DS was little (it's eye fell off!).Can't remember how I got an address for them in London - probably google them. They were brilliant and replaced the damaged teddy, (all on the strength of a letter, as i couldn't send the teddy to them, DS can't be parted from it). Their customer service was brilliant. They sent us some other toys too.

Do you have a photo?

My dd has a jellycat bear and I found another on ebay in the states

MrsBoo Wed 26-Sep-07 14:37:10

I will check through my files, and see if i still have the address.
have you tried here

Not sure if it's worth a little look if you are passing - sometimes TK Maxx have Jellycat and they always have end of lines and discontinued things...

Maudy Wed 26-Sep-07 14:42:37

yes have tried both of those but none have the right rabbit. I must have bought it about 5 years ago and they change their stock so much. I will ring their office but i am at work at the moment so while i can type and it look like i am working, I think a call about a rabbit is a bit of a give away. Especially as they all heard me ringing round yesterday!

Thank you for your help though.

Piffle Wed 26-Sep-07 14:44:35

maudy feel for you as dd has a jellycat rat and I fear if it ever gets lost...
our local beauty parlour (of all places) has some old stock I will have a peek for you
any specific colours or things I should look out for?

Maudy Wed 26-Sep-07 15:40:07

she is a plain beige coloured rabbit with a big round soft belly and floppy ears. Not fluffy or furry just soft, sort of veloury I suppose. I will see if i have a picture anywhere. I must have one somewhere.

Nbg Wed 26-Sep-07 15:41:39

Is it called Slackajack bunny by chance?

Bumblelion Wed 26-Sep-07 16:03:43

I love jellycat, and the last one I bought was from Harrods. It was a giraffe and it is lovely. Only small, but adorable.

Maudy Wed 26-Sep-07 17:00:14

No afraid not Countess, that one is too fluffy...but very sweet. May make a suitable replacement if necessary.

vole3 Thu 27-Sep-07 07:36:00

This is a store local to me that stocks Jellycat.

Parish Lantern
01502 711700
Exchange Square
BECCLES,
Suffolk, NR34 9HH

cadelaide Thu 27-Sep-07 08:09:48

Is it anything like this one in my shop Maudy? www.numberonegiftshop.co.uk/#1566X4830. This is quite a new one, but if you can remember the size or better still the name we have some old stock knocking about and I could rummage through for you.

cadelaide Thu 27-Sep-07 08:12:43

Sorry, the link didn't take you to the page, but you can click on the jellycat button. It's all pretty new though so I don't think yours will be there tbh.
I did see a "lost toys" website somewhere, could try googling it.
Got to do school run now. Good Luck!

what sort of size is it? Is it called comfy bunny?

Maudy Thu 27-Sep-07 10:34:47

how do i insert a picture? I found a not very good one but its the only one i have.

NotAlert Thu 27-Sep-07 10:39:21

Vole3 - I was in that shop on Wednesday!

Maudy Thu 27-Sep-07 11:00:14

ok, so i have added a picture to my profile page. I think you have to click on my name and then it should appear.

Thanks again for all your help.

Maudy Thu 27-Sep-07 11:03:28

Its not a very good one.

Piffle Thu 27-Sep-07 12:11:57
bagpuss Thu 27-Sep-07 12:15:55
Piffle Thu 27-Sep-07 12:19:42
WendyWeber Thu 27-Sep-07 12:22:23
Maudy Thu 27-Sep-07 12:24:39

As he is five I am thinking of taking DS to the shop and letting him choose a toy that he wants that may not even be a rabbit. I think that a replacement, unless it is exactly the same is just never right. Even an exact replacement isn't always right, as the smell etc isn't the same.

I'm going to e-mail the picture to Jellycat to see if they can help.

Still hoping to find the original under the seat of my car but as it is about 40 miles away at the moment I can't really get to it.

Piffle Thu 27-Sep-07 12:27:22

I know what you mean about the smell
Ratty currently attends school with dd in reception, she would be devastated losing her

bagpuss Thu 27-Sep-07 12:30:12

Maudy, you may be surprised. 4 years ago we were in a 70 mph smash on the M6 and ended up upside down on the hard shoulder. DS1 (then 3) had taken his shoe off before the crash and it was found by one of the police inside our car and returned to us. When dh went to the recovery place to collect our stuff and look at the car he was amazed at how much stuff they had managed to retrieve from the car and road.

Do look after yourselves, it must have been very frightening, and I hope your toy turns up soon. x

Maudy Thu 27-Sep-07 13:03:37

thanks bagpuss, it was horrid. Your crash sounds dreadful too. I think i will ring the recovery people again and ask them to have another look.

cadelaide Thu 27-Sep-07 21:24:04

Good Luck in your search for "Rabby" Maudy, I'm afraid I don't have one, even amongst dd's vast collection.
I hope your poor little ds is ok.

Oh no. Just had a clearout and couldn't believe when I found a Jellycat rabbit, BUT not not the right one!!! I am on a mission now... look out, TK Maxx. Hope you find him...and hope you recover well from your trauma

Maudy Mon 01-Oct-07 11:14:44

Thanks Runaway...

I have now had confirmation from the car recovery people that it is not in my car, or their truck and i've checked with the taxi company who took us home and its not there either. Unfortunately we sat in 5 different vehicles that night, so tracking Rabby down has not been easy. I rang the police station and the duty seargeant was really sweet, in fact everyone has been so helpful and has really tried to help find it. The car recovery people even said they would look on the motorway next time they were out that way!!

On the plus side, i found a little version of Rabby amongst our collection so DS is momentarily placated with 'Baby Rabby'. He also is very keen on the idea that we go to the shop to buy something new on Saturday, so i have a feeling we may be ok.

Thanks again for your help.

NAB3wishesfor2008 Wed 05-Mar-08 18:10:03
Acameron Mon 01-Oct-12 15:11:40

Try eBay I always get my daughters horsey on eBay I have seven now they are second hand but generally in good condition and tell the wee one that teddy has been to the beauty salon when you get it and they think its there own, all the very best

Tiggy33 Wed 30-Jan-13 14:39:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

headbear Sun 05-May-13 00:21:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

duffybeatmetoit Thu 06-Jun-13 00:21:46

Hope you're all ok now. I managed to track down an old Jellycat dog at a shop called CE Bears IIRC a couple of years ago. They were online. It was easier once I had tracked down the exact name of the dog via a collectors website.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Thu 06-Jun-13 00:50:26

you know this thread is veryvery old dont you?..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now