Anyone know where I can buy plain jute bags??

(14 Posts)
alfielooloo Tue 04-Sep-07 19:59:27

The kind you can buy in Tesco with ladybirds on?
I saw someone yesterday while we were at Legoland with one of these bags with something along the lines of 'Don't buy plastic bags,use me & raise money for (name of school) & save your planet'. This was written in a sort of sqiggly line & looked really effective. I asked the woman if she knew where they had come from as I think it's a brill idea for a fundraiser for School. She had bought it from their School but didn't know where they had had them made. It was St. Mary's School in Washington, Sussex I think she said, anyone know anyone that goes there?? I have Googled jute bags but can't seem to find anything that would be suitable. I am on a mission now to get some of these bags, I'm sure they would sell well at our School. If I don't have any success, I might even e-mail the School, would that be cheeky?? hmm

Scootergrrrl Tue 04-Sep-07 20:01:46

I'm in Germany and they sell them for about 50 cents in the supermarkets here. If you don't have any luck, CAT me and I'll send you a pile over.

alfielooloo Tue 04-Sep-07 20:31:18

Thank you!

I am also in Germany, there are loads of companies here who sell these bags, this one would ship to UK

The website is in German, but I can help you translate if you need me to. And if you phone/email them, most German companies have English speaking staff.

I teach English and have let the children paint their own bags, using fabric paints. Great fun, I got them to put their handprint on and added my company logo. Looked great and the kids were chuffed to bits with their very own bags.

alfielooloo Tue 04-Sep-07 21:07:08

This website looks great, I don't understand German though & can't find any bags on it? Where would they be, do you know?

Oops, thought it would take your right to the page.

Click "Textiles Gestalten" from the list on the right, then choose "Stoffmalerei, Gestalten mit Stoff", scroll down and you will see the bags. "Baumwolltaschen Preishit" which means cotton bags, great price. They are available in different sizes and with short or long handles.

Really pleased that I googled this for you cause the shop looks great, and it is near where I live. Will definately be popping in to have a look round within the next couple of weeks, so if you have any problems let me know

alfielooloo Tue 04-Sep-07 22:05:46

Found them, thank you. Are they jute or cotton? They look like cotton, the ones I saw were jute, don't suppose it matters though, if the price is right & I find somewhere to print them for us.
Although I'm a bit sad that summer holidays are now over, I must admit I can't wait to get back into the swing of things, fundraising etc with PTA (how sad am I ?}blush
Dd starts school next week so will have more time to do these things, think it's time I went back to work hmm

DANCESwithTheMorningOff Tue 04-Sep-07 22:08:09

try here Can't remember if they do but worth a look

DANCESwithTheMorningOff Tue 04-Sep-07 22:09:10

Oh btw I have used this company lots of times, they are very helpful and friendly.

oh, the jute ones are lovely. Look much nicer than our German ones. Never seen them here.

alfielooloo Tue 04-Sep-07 22:19:15

These look nice, bit more than I was hoping to pay though. Wonder if I could wangle some discount seeing as it's for a School & would be buying a few hundred. Wonder if I could even print them myself, any ideas of how to do this?
I think I am getting a bit too ambitious here grin

lol at alfie, you will be starting up your own company next! If you do, can I have a discount, since I knew you back when...

alfielooloo Tue 04-Sep-07 23:12:57

Sure you can have a discount, minimum order quantity will be 10,000 though grin

alfielooloo Wed 05-Sep-07 09:56:16

Any more ideas out there??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now