lightning McQueen birthday cake - where can I get one?

(14 Posts)
23balloons Wed 29-Aug-07 09:26:43

Hi
I am writing out of desperation now. Ds is lightning mad and really wants a lightning cake for his bday on Saturday. I have searched every supermarket and they don't seem to have them any more. I have rung and left my details with 4 M&S shops which for some reason have none in stock although they do sell them.

I really don't think I could make one. Does anyone know where I could buy one. We live in surrey.

Thank you

PandaG Wed 29-Aug-07 09:31:38

no idea where to buy one, but as a last resort could you make (or buy) a sponge, put a road on the top (black sugarpaste with white sugarpaste dashes down the middle - can buy pack of 4 colours incl black from the supermarket) then put a toy lightening McQueen on the top?

kitsandbits Wed 29-Aug-07 09:34:01

Couldnt you get a photo of ligtening off the net - put it on a CD and take it to Asda?

They do those photo cakes of kids - maybe they'd put Lightening on?

You might have to call and ask first - might be funny with copyright laws.

WaynettaSlob Wed 29-Aug-07 09:34:58

I was going through the same panic as you and have just ordered these which I am going to put on an ordinary cake.
I ordered them yesterday and they are due to arrive today, so I'll let you know what they look like.....

If you are more adventurous you could try this

kitsandbits Wed 29-Aug-07 09:36:26
23balloons Wed 29-Aug-07 09:42:42

Wow thanks for the suggestions I like the look of those icing lightning decorations. I am sure I could do something with those. thank you

seeker Wed 29-Aug-07 09:44:51

Usually I could offer to make you one - but I've got to do twin ballerinas for Saturday! If you feel like having a go at making one, have a look in Debbie Brown's 50 Easy Party Cakes (it'll be in the library) - page 78. It's Formula 1 car but you could adapt it. And it's REALLY easy. I promise. Particularly if you buy the cake (Tescos own brand madiera slabs work well) and ready coloured icing.

WaynettaSlob Wed 29-Aug-07 09:52:44

23balloons - decorations have arrived and they look exactly like they do in the picture!!! I also got some of the Lightning and Mater toppers (which are basically plastic cars) and I think I'll put one of each on there as well.

MilaMae Wed 29-Aug-07 16:05:02

I saw one in Asda yesterday, it might be worth asking if they've got one out in the back I did that last year and they had the 2 Thomas cakes I needed. I'm in Devon though.

jura Wed 29-Aug-07 16:07:10

No help at all, I know, but I got one in E Leclerc in Moissac a couple of weeks ago! It was a boxed one, with writing in English, so I presume it's fairly widely available.

(Ds's birthday is always while we're away on holiday...)

jura Wed 29-Aug-07 16:07:53

(sorry, that's Moissac in south of France...)as I say, no use at all, except to note that they are Out There Somewhere.)

muppetgirl Wed 29-Aug-07 16:08:43

I got ds's from Asda. They also do all the party gear to go with the cars film, paper plates, cups, baloons etc. We thought the wheel yo-yo's for the party bags were brill.

Furball Wed 29-Aug-07 17:23:58

I bought one from Sainsburys

flossnji Fri 05-Apr-13 20:11:44

For me this website is the best eBay
. Especially love their shipping policy…

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now