Where can I buy SILVER SAND?

(56 Posts)
FrannyandZooey Wed 25-Jul-07 20:56:37

You know, the really fine stuff. Preferably high street but internet will do.

TIA>

aversfbln Fri 08-Mar-13 18:33:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:32:00

pricey though, esp when you add in postage

<hope you come back soon olive. was it anything in particular or just general malaise?>

southeastastra Thu 26-Jul-07 13:22:08

you can get it with glitter too. may get some myself

oliveoil Thu 26-Jul-07 13:21:52

indeed

<<hides>>

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:20:59

OO I didn't know you were on a break

how VERY KIND of you to post and help me

I think you will agree there was a moral imperative to do so and you really had no choice

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:19:59

ooooooh coloured sand v nice

may have to splash out. It would look excellent on pictures wouldn't it?

oliveoil Thu 26-Jul-07 13:19:18

obviously I am on a MN break as you can clearly see but I peeked on to look at another thread and saw this

mine love the sand and if you don't then it is only a couple of ££

<<leaves again with her willpower in tatters>>

WendyWeber Thu 26-Jul-07 13:19:16

Ooooh, sea - those look fab. Great for finger patterns (I wonder if it all goes brown when mixed up though?)

southeastastra Thu 26-Jul-07 13:18:06
FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:17:46

REALLY olive? Oh fab.

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:17:13

Dp just emailed to say the man should be sentenced to having sat nav with a mean grumpy voice

I will try pet shop later in the week, I think

ds has nasty grumper's sand in the sandpit at present, it is ok for that

oliveoil Thu 26-Jul-07 13:16:14

play sand from argos

it is the finest sand ever imo

bit 'damp' when it first comes out of the bag but ours dried in the sun (way back in May ) and it is lovely and soft

my girls sprinkle it around

southeastastra Thu 26-Jul-07 13:13:45

oh dear, though it's easy to look up directions if they have a pc. pet shops or craft shops would probably be the best option.

WendyWeber Thu 26-Jul-07 13:13:11

Oh good plan, pa

We actually brought bags of French beach sand back from holiday a couple of times to put in the sandpit because it is so lovely so I know exactly what you mean, Franny!

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:12:03

yes top idea

well except for the fact that I am the only person in Britain who actually LIKES this cool weather

better still F&Z go to the carribean with an empty bag scoop a load up and spend a little while relaxing in the sun

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:09:46

Yes perhaps WW

I am of a mind to stick the arsing stuff in the BIN though

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:09:16

Is it very very fine and beautiful like the sand on French beaches? With no gritty bits of stuff in?

WendyWeber Thu 26-Jul-07 13:08:52

Oh, poor you, Franny

Miserable git.

Could you sieve it and spread out the finer stuff and let it dry? Then it might be OK.

gscrym Thu 26-Jul-07 13:07:44

If you go to a builders merchant and ask them, it'll be way cheaper than gettingit from a toy supplier. DH gets it from his work for DS's sandpit. It has to be the silver sand as all others stain clothes.

FrannyandZooey Thu 26-Jul-07 13:05:24

Who could have dreamed that silver sand could go so horribly wrong?

Freecycle came up trumps and even better the people live just round the corner! I rang them and the woman said her dh was just going out anyway and would drop it round. She then attempted to get directions from me (I am shit at directions in the first place and didn't know where their road was anyway - the streets on our estate are all on a "theme" IYKWIM which means I get them all horribly muddled up) and when she realised I was clueless said "Ah never mind, we will find you."

Anyway the chap turned up after 15 mins dumped the sand at the front door and was stomping off up the street when I got to the door (I was all smiles ready to thank him profusely). He barked "I have just gone all the way up to X road thanks to your directions! Why couldn't you say where you were properly? I'm NOT HAPPY!" and stomped some more.

I ran after him bare foot saying "oh please don't go off all upset, thank you so much" etc etc but he was Grumpy mc Grumper. I went back home and burst into tears

Of course now I have got over it a bit I actually feel ruddy cross with him. I never asked him to bring it round, I gave him my address correctly, and did he honestly think I had given his wife incorrect directions on purpose?

AND - the coup de grace - the sand is all manky and has loads of big rough bits in it. Is the sort you get from pet shops like that? I want the very fine, super smooth pale sort. Ruddy &**%^ing sand

FrannyandZooey Wed 25-Jul-07 22:31:00

No problem. If no-one replies through FC I will go to Pets at Home.

JARM Wed 25-Jul-07 22:28:52

in a shallow dish in his cage, loves it. we change it once a week. we only have a little left ourselves otherwise i would have passed osme on through freecycle

FrannyandZooey Wed 25-Jul-07 22:25:46

Really? What you put it in his cage?

JARM Wed 25-Jul-07 22:25:20

F&Z - my hamster rolls in the stuff!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now