Help! Which Pushchair should I buy for young 2 year old?!?!

(5 Posts)
user1468594353 Fri 21-Oct-16 22:36:26

My Hauck buggy (photo attached ) is still going strong and it's for babies -3 year olds but everyone I see has a pushchair. Am I weird that I don't have one? Literally all the mums at nursery have one. It's still in good condition but I don't want to spend money if I don't have to!

user1468594353 Fri 21-Oct-16 22:37:46

And can anyone recommend a cheap but decent stroller if I do have to get one please. Ta!

Summerisdone Fri 21-Oct-16 22:43:27

If you don't need a new buggy then I really wouldn't worry about getting a new one, it's just an expense that you could spend elsewhere. I switched to a pushchair for my DS at 12 months old but that was because the travel system I chose was a rather large emmaljunga, which was absolutely stunning but really not practical in many circumstances, e.g I struggled fitting it on most buses and it would always take up too much room when we were in my DM's car, it was just too big to fit in DS's dads car full stop.
Many people I speak to have all said the same, they picked a pram based on style rather than practicality for their first child and had to get a more compact pushchair before child actually grew out of the travel system

wingingitonthedaily Fri 21-Oct-16 22:48:07

If your old buggy works for you - stay with it, regardless of what anyone else thinks! As long as they're happy and you can push it!

We had a Stokke for youngest who's two but we donated it to BIL and SIL when they were having their baby and bought the Mothercare Nanu for about £50ish. It's been a dream, cheap and cheerful but perfect for the amount we use it!

www.mothercare.com/buggies-and-strollers/mothercare-nanu-stroller/LD3115.html?dwvar_LD3115_color=Geo%20Blue#prefn1=brand&prefv1=Mothercare&start=2

Pramexpert Tue 15-Nov-16 21:50:05

Hi there,
I know this thread is a few weeks old, but if you really don't want to follow the crowd and get a pushchair, stick with your Hauck.
It can hold enough weight for a 3 yr old plus.
But if you do want to change, Joie have a pushchair that holds the same weight. Comes with a raincover, and is retailing for £50 in some shops.
I have tried and tested this and is strong enough for an adult....
No I haven't sat in it, but I work closely with reps from different companies, and a full grown man from the company sat in it grin.
The pushchair is the Joie nitro.

Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now