Wellies!

(7 Posts)
Jojo13 Fri 08-Apr-16 13:23:50

Can someone please recommend some wellies?! I am a dog walker so they get used a lot. I've tried hunters but both pairs haven't lasted that long considering the price. I've recently got a pair of mid-range ones (approx £40) and they haven't lasted three months before splitting. I've also tried cheapo high street ones (which predictably didn't last 5 mins.
Can anyone make any suggestions? What do farmers wear?! They must have durable wellies?!
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Alanna1 Fri 08-Apr-16 13:27:26

Personally I'd get some quality waterproofed walking shoes/boots for what you do? Better support for your feet, too.

MissBeaHaving Fri 08-Apr-16 14:03:40

I had the same problem,eventually I decided that seeing as I was going through so many & getting wet feet a lot I would spend a bit more.
I now have Aigle parcours which are brilliant,so comfortable & a lot more support than other wellies.
Worth keeping an eye on Amazon for a bit as the price changes ,I had mine a lot cheaper than they normally retail at.

Also have a pair of Tuffa Suffolk so between the 2 I now have lovely toasty warm, dry feet!

Jojo13 Fri 08-Apr-16 16:57:03

Thank you both.

I do have walking boots but prefer wellies as easier to slip on and off. Thanks for the advice on the Aigle ones, I had looked at those but was wary of spending so much, my hunters were £80+ and didn't last a huge amount of time. Maybe they are more for fashion?!
Cheers

Wigglyparty Fri 08-Apr-16 16:58:39

My SIL is a farmer who swears by Muck boots - I also bought a pair on her recommendation and haven't looked back! I find them very warm and comfortable.

whojamaflip Fri 08-Apr-16 16:59:41

I have Aigle wellies which I live in (farmers wife) and yes they were expensive but despite being used on a daily basis they are still as good as new 3 years down line - no splits and the lining hasn't removed itself as usually seemed to happen - avoid hunters like the plague btw smile

Jojo13 Sat 09-Apr-16 02:03:14

So glad I asked, knew I could rely on mumsnet!!thanks everyone, very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now