Remote Control - rc Cars for 6 year old and 2 year old? Which one to choose?

(2 Posts)

Hi there,

my ds who's nearly 6 would like a remote control car for Christmas. And I want to give his younger brother (2 1/2) one as well as otherwise there will be a huge fight...

I had a look on Ebay and have to say that I'm completely overwhelmed. I think some of these cars are more geared towards older children or adults (?) but then I have no clue.

For the older one it should be one that doesn't look too baby-ish, more like a "proper" car, but it should still be easy to handle and safe and quite robust nevertheless.

Also it shouldn't have to be recharged all the time. We have a little car like that - and it has to be constantly recharged to run for just about 2 mins which spoils the fun a bit.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!!
It shouldn't be too pricey, definitely no more than about ?20 - I'd be happy to buy a used one as well.

Also, I'm looking for sth for the 2 1/2 year old. I've seen the Tomy Roadster rc type of thing which looks fun and hopefully suitable for a younger child but is it any good?
He can break anything any minute so whatever I get him must be as sturdy as possible. It shouldn't be too pricey either, no more than a tenner or so.

Again, I hope for recommendations (or also advice what not to buy...).

Many thanks!!

MrsBoo Thu 30-Nov-06 15:05:17

HI, We bought the Tomy 'race car F1 look-a-like' version Christmas 2003 (when my DS was 4).
It's still working, and he still plays with it; and DD (3) is now trying to play with it - really sturdy and very easy to use/play with. I'm not sure if a 2.5 yrs boy could manage it properly, but they would still enjoy it.
The next stage up - is really the petrol type (you need a big space to play with it); but i think they're more suited to older children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now