Sports direct free returns?

(6 Posts)
Missmuffet28 Fri 11-Sep-15 10:23:14

Anyone been handed the freepost address for sports direct returns lately?
I literally could cry the way I have been treated by them I have been spoken to like a piece of dirt on the bottom of their shoes. I want to return a faulty item the advisor said and I quote 'why should we have to pay for it' errrrr because it's faulty I thought that was your legal obligation?!
Really upsetting conversation and so I have googled and found this address but nothing particularly recent so wasn't sure if it was still the same.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help smile

FREEPOST RRGJ-ZZSB-GLBX
Sports direct
PO Box 9034
Mansfield
NG18 9DD

Camembertie Fri 11-Sep-15 10:28:16

NO idea but I took into a store for a replacment, not sure if that's an option?

Wouldn't buy from them again - awful company

Missmuffet28 Fri 11-Sep-15 10:58:09

They don't have them (shoes) In store to exchange.

Literally am never shopping with them again I would loved to have recorded the conversation to be honest and sent it to watchdog or something so snide and rude I have never been spoken to like that before over the phone or face to face.

shivoncarla Thu 22-Oct-15 20:25:20

I just wanted to know whether you received your refund as I'm kind of going through the same problem...

About a month ago I brought three pairs of shoes for my children from Sports Direct Online. When they arrived, one of them was completely the wrong size to which I had ordered and the other was damaged so I decided to return all three shoes via distribution. I made sure that I noted that I wanted the money back onto my debit card on the return slip, however, they returned all the money back onto a store voucher. I don't usually shop in sports direct, it really was a one off and now I'm stuck with this stupid voucher. When I emailed customer service, they said that there is nothing they can do now as it is on a voucher and they can't return the voucher for money! When I called up, one of the representatives basically told me that it's my fault for returning all of the shoes. I can't believe this, it's absurd. Not all the shoes were a change of mind, I'm not at fault and now I'm out of pocket because I had to pay a TWO delivery charges. I had a few of cases like this with sports direct but I thought it would be different if I brought online... obviously not.

OhYeahMama Mon 30-Nov-15 19:11:23

Sports Direct charges a fortune for postage 4.99 and you have to pay for returns - this is why Ebay is littered with Sports Direct stuff (eg USA Pro).

They also went through a phase of sending huge mugs with their name on them which had to be immediately recycled.

They are so rubbish, I'd worry they would ensure anything that went to the Freepost address got lost in the post :-(

whataboutbob Mon 18-Jan-16 20:16:18

Just wandered into the customer trap that is Sports Direct. Got talked into an over expensive pair of shoes for DS's cross country running, thought better of it, went back the next day for a return and refund, they only issue a credit note. Tried talking to the manager who was so unpleasant I imagine he keeps a bit bull terrier in his office. Offhand staff, idiot music blaring out etc etc.
Maybe we need a thread about stuff you can spend your credit note on in SD (if there's anything that's reasonable value) before you bail out and never darken the door again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now