How do I get a single sheet of photos printed (4 photos in one picture) that wil fit inside a traditional greetings card?

(15 Posts)
Steadycampaign Wed 10-Jun-15 16:40:40

And from where? (Must be able to deliver to mainland Europe.)

Sorry to be really dense, but I'm only just getting to grips with photos on the computer etc (so please kindly explain anything technological in Noddy terms).

I'm trying to have four photographs printed together on one sheet, preferably with a caption on each. Will print about 100 sheets in all. It's to stick inside a traditional greetings card (on the left when you open it).

I've looked at Funky Pigeon, MoonPig and various other websites (Hema where I live) and they only provide photo-upload cards in set formats. I don't want these photos going on the front of the card, I want to stick them on the inside of the card.

Just want a very simple sheet divided in to four, photo in each, with four captions ideally.

Any ideas anyone? (Am I missing something really obvious here?)

Thanks in advance for any advice! I would have thought this would be pretty simple to do, so I am confused as to why it is not offered as an option... .

Steadycampaign Thu 11-Jun-15 06:33:28

Anyone?

Magicalmrmistofeles Thu 11-Jun-15 06:34:52

Can you just design what you want in word and print off and then stick in the card?

Steadycampaign Thu 11-Jun-15 06:46:54

Thanks Magicalmrmistofeles

I hadn't thought of that. Is that what most people do? (I didn't know you could arrange photos in Word tbh.) My printer is OK but not brilliant and want a professional finish. Will investigate!

didireallysaythat Thu 11-Jun-15 06:48:42

Photobox ?

MazyCrummy Thu 11-Jun-15 06:51:59

I think one of the photo printing sites might do it - you could certainly get the photos printed by them but you'll need to have a check on the writing. I've used Snapfish but Boots and Tesco do it too.

Mercedes519 Thu 11-Jun-15 06:58:00

If you have a basic photo editing package you can create your own version and then upload it to somewhere like Photobox or Snapfish as a single photo and get that printed as you would a print.

They might also offer a 'collage' option which would also do multiple photos into a single picture and then you can choose what size you want it printed.

Steadycampaign Thu 11-Jun-15 07:00:32

I've just had a look at Photobox thank you DidIreallysaythat?

They provide a four photo collage format and you can add text!

Only problem they say the smallest size is 166" x 12" which is a bit big but will investigate later when their help line is open. Perhaps this is for technical reasons - photos might be too small if overall dimensions smaller.

Thank you mazycrummy don't have Boots or Tesco over here but will check out their equivalents!

Steadycampaign Thu 11-Jun-15 07:02:34

Thank you very much Mercedes the single print option from something I've created myself sounds like a good idea (and probably less expensive). I will look to see what sort of editing package we have.

Someone told me how yo do this on another thread about a month ago, will see if I can find it. Might have been a phone app though.

Steadycampaign Thu 11-Jun-15 07:05:51

Thank you Whoknows!

It was Pixlr.com

I think I would be able to do it on my Mac though Iphoto too, are your photos on a Mac or PC? Or gadget?

Steadycampaign Thu 11-Jun-15 07:37:25

They are on a PC (I think!) NOt a Mac anyway (more's the pity)

I've got them stored on Picasa.

Thanks again.

Steadycampaign Thu 11-Jun-15 07:39:52

Thanks Whoknows smile

I've just opened Pixlr.com on my computer and it seems to work fine given 3 mins perusing

I will have a play with it. Think this solution will be good because I'll have more control over the end effect!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now