Rubber ducks without holes?

(9 Posts)
pipo Wed 26-Jul-06 10:16:18

Does anyone know where I can buy rubber ducks withoout holes in as I am fed up of cleaning them out and I'm not sure they are hygienic with holes in them or I am just a born worrier?

MrsBadger Wed 26-Jul-06 10:42:07

if child is over 6mo, I wouldn't worry

if under 6mo you could swap for boats etc with no holes or keep ducks and dishwash / wash in hot water / milton... but personally I wouldn't bother

BettySpaghetti Wed 26-Jul-06 10:48:53

We've got a great one that doesn't have holes in -its one that lights up when you put it in the water and the lights change colour!

Trouble is it was a present and I've no idea where it came from so not much help -sorry. Bound to find them on some trendy gift/gadget website though.

BettySpaghetti Wed 26-Jul-06 10:52:50

Here you go -had a quick google and found the light up ducks -OK, bit more expensive than a bog-standard rubber duck but they are great fun and the kids love them!

pipo Wed 26-Jul-06 20:14:19

Thank you Betty Spaghetti but a bit pricey for me at the moment. I have thrown out his manky ducks this afternoon as I couln't face cleaning them again. DS has already got 3 small boats(no holes) but they are not as popular as the ducks - he'll just have to cope!

southeastastra Wed 26-Jul-06 20:15:46

you could make the hole bigger and clean it out

chestnutty Wed 26-Jul-06 20:29:22

sure you can buy cheap plastic ducks - perhaps try poundland etc.

MrsFogi Wed 26-Jul-06 20:39:21

John Lewis does a rubber duck with no hole in the bottom

louweasel Thu 27-Jul-06 22:15:53

DS's set of 3 Mothercare ducks don't have holes in the bottom. Think they still sell the same ones - actually I could do with another set because after 3 years they have got mouldy bottoms and won't come clean. Much better than the 'holed' ones though - I hate it when they squirt them and flakes of black slime jet out. Can also recommend the Fimble Valley bathtime toy - all 3 Fimbles without holes and little sprinkler things to shower them with. Ours is still fairly pristine after a couple of years use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now