Which is your favourite shop bought loaf of bread? Smug breadmaking types can naff off, you're not welcome on this thread.

(20 Posts)
nevergoogle Sat 20-Jul-13 12:02:44

yeah, you can naff off.

i'm going for the warburtons seeded batch for toast and a waitrose white soft loaf for sandwiches.

you?

gaggiagirl Sat 20-Jul-13 12:10:46

Well I would say mighty white but they don't make that anymore so I shall second your Warburton seeded loaf.

nevergoogle Sat 20-Jul-13 12:15:59

mmm, it's amazing with honey on it.

mummylin Sat 20-Jul-13 12:34:50

I love fresh tiger bread with loads of butter and strawberry jam !

Ponders Sat 20-Jul-13 12:52:48

Lidl Multiseed loaf - a lot like Warburtons but only 99p - for toast & healthy sandwiches

Hovis BOB for unhealthy sandwiches & fried bread grin

Pollydon Sat 20-Jul-13 12:54:31

Aldi farmhouse wholemeal.

Vinividivino Sat 20-Jul-13 13:00:07

Vogel Soya and Linseed bread with lashings of butter and a smidge of marmite - ooh I could live of that combo! Perhaps with the odd spreading of Nutella for a bit of variety!

picnicbasketcase Sat 20-Jul-13 13:00:15

Agree on Warburtons seeded loaf for toast. Kingsmill tasty wholemeal for sandwiches, and M&S walnut loaf for general bread scoffing with salad etc.

KatOD Sat 20-Jul-13 13:02:34

Euw hate Waitrose bread, but this is may be because the bread aisle in one of our local Waitroses smells of wee.

I like the Bergen (Burgen?) seeded loaves. My DH likes white Warburtons (or "cake bread") as we call it!

DD will generally want whatever we have (20mo).

happyhorse Sat 20-Jul-13 13:06:04

At the moment we get white Warburtons and a loaf of tiger bread.

RedPencils Sat 20-Jul-13 13:12:12

Asda tiger bread.
Thick cut white toastie for Sunday morning fry ups.

ouryve Sat 20-Jul-13 13:18:09

When it's not a soggy batch, we're rather partial to M&S oaty bread.

The loaf I bought has been devoured in a day, though, so I will have to get the breadmaker out later, I'm afraid grin

BackforGood Sat 20-Jul-13 13:22:17

Depends on what for - I love a nice tiger loaf or tinned loaf to cut and eat fresh on the day, but they then dry up very quickly, so, out of packet loaves, I like Warburtons Toastie (in the orange packet)

MiniTheMinx Sat 20-Jul-13 13:31:54

Chleb polski, half rye half wheat. We also buy the super cheap value white from Waitrose for toasting.

JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 20-Jul-13 13:34:03

Aldi seeded batch

Warby seeded batch

Hovis seed sensations

Kingsmill seeded.

Greggs seven seeds.

We don't like plain white bread in this house!

Warburtons toastie white

Hovis granary

Asda tiger bread baguette

Will have to try the Warburtons seeded by look of this!

GladToBeBack Sat 20-Jul-13 13:45:29

salt and pepper french stick

nevergoogle Sat 20-Jul-13 15:30:25

lordy gladtobeback, that sound's lovely.

Eastpoint Sat 20-Jul-13 15:38:23

Waitrose white sour dough which comes sliced & I keep in the freezer for breakfast toast.

Le Pain Quotidien baguettes, £1.50 of yumminess, much better than Maison Blanc or Gail's.

Hated Lidl when forced to start shopping there, but their multiseed loaves are the only bread I eat now. Yum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now