Lg or Bosch washing machine?

(18 Posts)
BB01 Mon 17-Feb-14 10:17:11

Never had a Bosch washing machine but LG one we have is way better than our tumble dryer and dishwasher, which are both Bosch. Haven't been overawed with our Miele vacuum cleaner

MadeOfStarDust Sat 20-Jul-13 20:19:06

We have a similar one ... this one here

We use a few of the cycles - Cotton, Eco, 60 intensive and 30 min wash, as well as the spin/rinse functions on their own...

napkin Sat 20-Jul-13 15:40:52

Thanks poppingin1. What cycles do you tend to use on this machine, seems very confusing! Is it easier to use than it looks?

poppingin1 Sat 20-Jul-13 15:25:58

I have this one. The prices do seem to have gone up slightly since I bought mine two years ago.

Never buy a Hotpoint!!

I think the LG's may well have improved dramatically in the last few years.

Just had a look at the Which Best Buys out of interest (I was surprised how old mine is!). The top six were

1. LG - 1459BDS at £999 shock
2. Miele - £835 W5780
3 Miele - £510 W1914
4. Bosch - Model WAQ 28461GB - £479
5. Miele - £866 W3228
6. Bosch - £457 WAQ 24461

The first LG on the list of 20 is the only LG and the rest were mainly Bosch and Miele with Siemens, Hotpoint and Whirlpool thrown in.

Definitely Bosch unless LG have improved a lot.

My last Bosch lasted 13 yrs and didn't exactly die but got unreliable and this one is about 8 yrs and still going strong.

It isn't worth paying twice as much for a Miele to me - they aren't going to last twice as long as the Bosch.

napkin Sat 20-Jul-13 11:33:03

What Lg models do you all have please? Does anyone have one of the models with the extra steam cycle built in?

poppingin1 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:33:50

grin @ BuggerAll

When said relatives recommended LG, they said Miele is the only brand they would buy otherwise. Problem is Miele are not exactly moderately priced. Had I had a few hundred extra to hand at the time I would have bought a Miele.

But for the more moderately priced machine, LG is brilliant!

Arkady Fri 19-Jul-13 20:17:46

Our previous Bosch lasted 15 years of heavy use including washable nappies. It was great. A mate buys a cheap washing machine every 2 years, as they never last longer than that.

DoesBuggerAll Fri 19-Jul-13 20:17:38

Poppingin1 - an LG silent? You've never heard a Miele then. Me neither.

DoesBuggerAll Fri 19-Jul-13 20:15:22

Neither. Buy a Miele instead. It's the only sensible thing to do. Before you say you can't afford to, I say you can't afford not to. Buy cheap, buy twice.

The LG will break down in a couple of years and the Bosch will develop noisy bearings and make you think a jumbo jet is taking off in your kitchen.

MadeOfStarDust Fri 19-Jul-13 20:14:32

We have an LG direct drive and it is absolutely stunning - quick wash, quiet wash.... easy to clean the water feed/drawer area - would always recommend it - motor is guaranteed for 10 years too....

and it sings to me when it has finished washing too.... a lovely little digital ditty....

DespicableMa Fri 19-Jul-13 20:13:36

Bosch - no doubt!

GobblersKnob Fri 19-Jul-13 20:12:47

Bosch all the way. My mum's is 19, yes 19 and still going strong. My current one is hands down the best washing machine I have ever had.

Chopchopbusybusy Fri 19-Jul-13 20:11:33

LG. I've been loyal to Bosch in the past but no more. My LG machine is definitely better.

poppingin1 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:08:38

My family members work for an electrical appliances retailer and recommend the LG's to family members.

I bought an LG last year and it is superb.

Extremely hard wearing and economical to the point that you actually may need to use less detergent in your usual wash.

Check out the built in drum to see why they are a great investment.

And the most silent wash I have ever had the pleasure to hear, or not hear smile

carlnwo Wed 17-Jul-13 10:47:32

Bosch all day, trust me, let LG stick to TV's....Bosch have been making wash/dryers for years, I have had mine for nearly 7 years and they are built in Germany (high quality).

napkin Sat 13-Jul-13 17:06:52

I can't choose from the two, need help deciding. Can anyone recommend theirs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now