POLL - Mini Boden Clothing. Is it worth the price?

(60 Posts)
Gillian76 Sat 03-Jun-06 10:09:28

Yes or no.

I am trying to justify spending huge amounts of money

biglips Sat 03-Jun-06 10:10:58

when the sales are on - yes

AllieBongo Sat 03-Jun-06 10:11:48

sorry, big fat no

tissy Sat 03-Jun-06 10:12:58

I would say yes- their kids clothes are good quality and can be passed on to siblings/ relatives

not so keen on women's clothes, though dh (not at all trendy) loves their collarless linen shirts!

wilbur Sat 03-Jun-06 10:17:47

The sales are good. I get quite a few things that way. What I have found is that as the kids get older and therefore wear things for longer I am more prepared to pay a bit for quality. For instance, I bought some cheap cords from Tesco for ds1 which went through at the knee in 6 months. I also bought some rugged canvas trousers from Boden at around the same time for twice the price, but they are still gpoing strong, washing well and looking nice 18 months on. It is nice quality and the sizes are generous (dd will get 2 summers out of the frock I bought for her 2nd b'day) so I would say don't go mad, but a few useful bits that can be worn for a while are worth it.

BudaBabe Sat 03-Jun-06 10:19:48

Have been mostly happy with quality of the kid's clothes. If you have younger ones you can def pass them on. And for things like pjs etc I have just bought DS (4.5) age 5/6 in the two/per pack ones in they hope that they will do 2 years. Had to junk Tesco ones last year as they went all twisted in the wash.

Have only bough DH one shirt but he likes it as really soft cotton.

And I like some of the women's but not all - usually don't like the prints as they are so recognisable as Boden.

FairyMum Sat 03-Jun-06 10:22:00

Sorry no....I like some of their stuff, but I don't think the cut is that good.

Marne Sat 03-Jun-06 10:22:55

No, no, no, I would never spend that much on clothes, even the sale prices are too high for my pocket, even if i did have the money i would never spend that much on something that will only be worn a few times before its too small.

Total waist of money that could be put into education and savings instead.

stitch Sat 03-Jun-06 10:24:54

yes, yes and yes

NannyL Sat 03-Jun-06 10:28:54

yes yes yes! is my vote!

I LOVE the clothes (saying that you CAN get clothes that seem to be as lovely in places like Tesco / Matalan if you chop around!)

I LOVE kids
Boden PJs
T shirts
Long sleeve 'T shirts'
especially!

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Sat 03-Jun-06 10:39:32

in absolute terms the answer is no, they are over-priced. The only thing that makes them worthwhile is the style, combined with the total absence of anything similar elsewhere. If I had an H&M or a Tesco nearby I probably wouldn't bother. But all the shops near me are full of sequinns, tat and logos and I can't bear them. so I buy rather more Boden than in an ideal world. The bottom line is that it's "nice". It's what little girls' clothes ought to be like. (God I sound old)

mousiemousie Sat 03-Jun-06 10:41:04

They fetch good prices second hand on ebay

willow2 Sat 03-Jun-06 10:42:09

Get it in the sale, buy one size too big - then it's fantastic value as it lasts for blooming ages, without shrinking, fading etc.

Mazzystar Sat 03-Jun-06 10:44:17

the little boy's stuff is really hard-wearing and good quality. i think the t-shirts are very good as keep their shape and softness until outgrown, cheap stuff i've bought recently has been buggered after a couple of washes. and the sales are good.

MarsLady Sat 03-Jun-06 10:47:42

The pjs last forever and can be continually passed down.

I get lots given to me second hand and the quality is brilliant and still goes through my large family before being passed on again.

Gillian76 Sat 03-Jun-06 10:53:51

Anyone know when the sale starts?

blueteddy Sat 03-Jun-06 10:59:50

Message withdrawn

Socci Sat 03-Jun-06 11:19:31

Message withdrawn

wilbur Sat 03-Jun-06 11:23:28

Oh yes, socci - Next are really bad about that, MIL shops there and the clothes are mostly cute but all say NEXT somewhere in big letters. Hate that.

Melpomene Sat 03-Jun-06 11:30:20

I don't think it's really worth the money. dd1 was given a mini Boden T shirt with a flower transfer on the front. The transfer is now very cracked and worn and it's probably destined to be binned rather than passed down to dd2.

lanismum Sat 03-Jun-06 12:05:44

dont mind their stuff, its ok, but just that, ok, my dds boden things do not look any nicer than her hennes/gap/next things, sometimes i think the designs are a bit dull, except the lovely shark t shirt, thats brilliant!

Yafta Sat 03-Jun-06 13:02:16

Yes definitely worth it. You can get 2 years out of an item & then sell it on ebay. I just sold dd's trousers for £9 and paid £18 for them originally. I don't think £9 for 2 years' wear is bad at all, considering the number of times she wore them. Some mini boden stuff goes for 3/4 of the original price on ebay.

Gillian76 Sat 03-Jun-06 18:12:22

OK I am going to spend hideous amounts of money now and it's all your fault

willow2 Mon 05-Jun-06 10:16:19

Any idea when sale is due?

Enid Mon 05-Jun-06 10:17:55

yes

some of ours will go through THREE children

beware, the swimming costumes are crap though if your kids do seroiius swimming, dd1s was bought two weeks ago and is already baggy and bobbly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now